Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tato posted:

Whether Carolina keeps Cam past this season depends on how he looks when he finally returns, but Kyle Allen sure as poo poo isn't his replacement.

CMC Is fantastic.

That was one of the two games I managed to watch yesterday after I got home from vacation, I thought he played pretty drat well? A few mistakes, and that fumbling thing hasn't even bit him yet but it will. Overall though good decisions and catchable balls

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe the most disturbing thing about the Ravens game was how after the Mason Rudolph injury, the cart wouldn't start. So they picked him up and had him walk off the field. I don't understand that. Do they not have a stretcher anywhere in the building they can't put him on and carry him out??

Was he just knocked out or did he have his neck hurt? They probably asked him if he wanted to walk or wait for another mode of conveyance and he agreed to walk because he could. There is a whiff of irresponsibility there though

Preferably, not with a linebacker.

Elephanthead posted:

Look if you want to jump 20 feet and land on your head I ain't gonna scoop your brains up.

The scary thing about that is how he kind of jams his neck into the ground. Probably it's just a bad concussion but god drat that's a really stupid thing to do, especially the way he did it. Nothing about that was ever going to work

Hot Diggity! posted:

Things that ruled the Packers / Cowboys game, in order: Aaron Jones, refball, Amari Cooper

Jaire Alexander got burned bad, but he's a good CB and should recover

But really the refs sucked poo poo. The phantom false start that took away a redzone int and the roughing the passer on Gary were terrible calls

Aaron Jones got a franchise record tying 4 TDs and owns

Lots of Packers injuries, including starting center Lindsey and starting FS Savage

Jerryworld is owned by Aaron Rodgers

This weekend was record-breaking in terms of players exceeding 40 fantasy points, with another ending with 39.7. McCaffrey, Deshaun Watson, Aaron Jones all got 40. Michael Thomas exceeded 40 in PPR scoring. Will Fuller (who I didn't start of course) had 39.7 standard scoring and 53.7 in PPR. Up to this point in the year only Russel Wilson has broken 40 points, which makes it very strange that so many players accomplished it this week.

Blitz7x posted:

The only qb who wouldn't be able to do that is Goff

nope, they're dumbasses until they prove otherwise. especially derek carr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I love that the doctors were to lazy to follow protocol and just walked him off the field.

Seriously.

Also, Pittsburgh is claiming the cart wouldn't start due to "operator error" which makes even stupider somehow

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's still: immobilize his loving spine and put him on the drat stretcher. jfc they took the facemask off so they'd have easy access to his airway without having to move his neck.

Yeah they clearly didn't know what to do and instead of thinking it through they panicked, knowing that they couldn't stop the game forever and ended up just letting him walk off when he should've been cared for the whole way and put in a stretcher

Play
Apr 25, 2006

After scoring probably a bajillion fantasy points against the Rams Mike Evans was shut out against the Saints. Like, 0 catches on 3 targets shut out

Grittybeard posted:

A bunch of math but basically green good red bad gray in the middle.

Also it's adjusted based on how the opposing defense and offenses did against other teams

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kalensc posted:

My guess would be that the opponent-adjustment is being thrown off by some the woeful winless/1-win teams.

Pitt has played N.E (8th in offense by that ANY/A chart), Sea (2nd), S.F (16th), and Bal (21st). The Pats and Ravens both wrecked the Dolphins, which skews their offensive rating. San Fran had some strong performances versus Cincy and T.Bay. And the Seahawks have just been really good throughout.

Yep. It's the kind of analysis that gets better throughout the year as more data is inputted and wouldn't be perfect unless every team played every other team. I'd think week 8 would be about the earliest it would actually produce useful information