Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best email client
alpine / pine
mail.app
eudora
lotus notes
outlook
thunderbird
mutt
outlook express
squirrelmail
roundcube
horde
View Results

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Mail.app, but on a mac

mostly for the search function that is actually really fast and good at finding relevant messages
whenever I have to search for something at work with Outlook and Exchange it either takes several minutes or just fails completely

i mainly use gmail but switch to icloud for anything that's too embarrassing to let google know

i'd love to host my own email like a huge nerd but you need a correct reverse DNS lookup entry for your IP or most mail servers won't even talk to you, so you can't really host it on your home connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

DuckConference posted:

I've been thinking of trying fastmail but maybe I should use my own domain

but like me@firstlast.com or admin@firstlast.com seems annoying, first@last.com implies that I'm going to provide email service to the whole family or something.

the real pro move is to send all your work related email from dongs@clownpenis.fart