Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Ashura was pretty fun.

As for round 14, let's try Curious Expedition. It's pretty chill looking, a nice change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Blood Card The whole "your deck is your hitpoints," thing is interesting. But the balance has some serious problems. If you do play this one try to show off the vampire too.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Curious Expedition. A friend was raving about it and then burned himself out on it. Sounds like LP gold to me.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Yeah, Curious Expidition has my vote, too.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Voting curious expedition, its legit though not quite as good as renowned explorers

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Curious Expedition it is! It's been brought up a few times before so it's about time to see how it compares to Renowned Explorers.

In about 15 minutes I'm going to spend an hour or so taking a first look at it over on this :siren: cool and sleep deprived stream :siren:.

I had like 15 minutes of stream issues and then ate all my animals and went insane. It could have gone better.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 2, 2020

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Having a 'gently caress your boss fight' button in your pocket was pretty hilarious. :allears:

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The story of the hero Sir Jenkins and his irrepressible taste for human flesh.

Here are some games! Pick one if you dare!

Sublevel Zero Redux is a roguelite six-degree-of-freedom shooter in a universe where reality is falling apart. Use your zero-g gunship to fight through a vast underground facility, looting advanced weapons to destroy hordes of deadly enemies.

This is the reason every roguelite is a card game now. I hope it was worth it you monsters!!!

Sit on the throne as a benevolent (or malevolent) medieval monarch of the modern age and swipe your royal controller either left or right to impose your will upon the kingdom.

Voting ends on Saturday at Midnight MST!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As interesting as Sublevel Zero sounds, I have to throw my vote to Reigns. This is in no way influenced by the fact that I recently found out about The King's Dilemma board game.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Can I just vote for all three? Because dang they all look good.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Sublevel Zero I think, the other two I've already seen all over the internet

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Whichever isn't StS.

I want to see new roguelikes/lites.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Sir Jenkins attempts to kill again in the thrilling conclusion to Curious Expedition.

In other news Sublevel Zero is the winner, as decided by me. Reigns is one of my favorite games but I have no idea how I'd talk about it even for the 5 minutes it lasts.

I also might do a StS video at some point where I just download a bunch of custom characters from the workshop and run them through the game. That's the only way I can think of to make a video on that game interesting at this point.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Curious Exposition looks nice, but also just to easy to completely screw yourself early on in an expression. And the combat is, ehhhhhh...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Watching through all these games is pretty fascinating, some of them look like I'd have tapped them for a try myself and others... not so much. Looking forward to seeing whatever else you dig up Party Bug!

I'll go ahead and toss in a suggestion for a top down roguelike/lite I'd love to see you play: SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising. This game is seriously ridiculous fun, the graphics/audio are spot on and satisfying and its progression is satisfying in a way that makes the game even more enjoyable! If you've already played and showed it off, gonna have to dig through and find it to see your own impressions of it.

If you don't want to chuck money at the cool devs, or anyone wants to give it a try before buying it, there's also a free version called SYNTHETIK: Arena on steam as well if you want a gander at the core gameplay. Even better is that class progression transfers between both the free and paid version!

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
One thing about Curious Expedition that I have mixed feelings about is that it constantly feels like you're on the verge of complete failure. You can barely walk across one section of the map and reveal a few tiles before your sanity is completely empty, and then in four more moves you're totally out of all your sanity restore items, which barely seem to make a dent.
A few moves later your party is at eachother's throats, and then you stumble on the pyramid and it feels like a total fluke. Your videos definitely captured that feeling well

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

A man crash he spaceship.

Twinsticks or Oregon trail, your choice:

Rush Rover is a 2D top-down shooter game. Compared to other similar games of the genre, the shooting experience is closer to traditional shoot'em up games. It includes random map generation, unique weapons, lots of different enemies, exciting boss battles and a dynamic chiptune soundtrack.

In fully destructible terrains, carve your own path in a new rogue-lite that focuses on challenging combat. Dive into the deep tunnels of a mining colony on your own, or in local co-op with up to 4 players. Purchase gear, level up your character, and gain powerful perks to eliminate the alien horde.

A whimsically dark 8-bit adventure about sailing the world in the 1700's - Developed by one nautical enthusiast!

Voting ends on Saturday at midnight MST!

SaffronKit posted:

I'll go ahead and toss in a suggestion for a top down roguelike/lite I'd love to see you play: SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising. This game is seriously ridiculous fun, the graphics/audio are spot on and satisfying and its progression is satisfying in a way that makes the game even more enjoyable! If you've already played and showed it off, gonna have to dig through and find it to see your own impressions of it.
It looks neat, it's on the list!

CountryMatters posted:

One thing about Curious Expedition that I have mixed feelings about is that it constantly feels like you're on the verge of complete failure...
The one time I beat the game I definitely felt like I got very, very lucky. It always feels like there's just not enough sanity recovering items and you're constantly having to take risks to get rich and buy 50 bottles of whiskey to lug around these huge maps.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The Caribbean Sail is fantastic

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Sublevel Zero looks like someone did a good job updating Descent. I'd get it if I weren't so dogshit at Descent in the first place.

Also wow Caribbean Sail seems like good fun.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Felinoid posted:

Sublevel Zero looks like someone did a good job updating Descent. I'd get it if I weren't so dogshit at Descent in the first place.

Same, and ditto.

Also I am all for Oregon Trail, But We're Fording Constantly

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Same, and ditto.

--> Ram the isthmus.
Wheel the ship and drive.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drat, Sublevel Zero has some pretty nice music and looks pretty fun. Might grab it when I have some spare money to throw at it.

The Caribbean Sail sounds neat, I'm all for seeing it!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gonna throw in a lone vote for Gerty.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Same, and ditto.

Thirded!

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

I'm afraid to inform the thread that most of you have influenza now. My apologies.

:siren: HERES SOME NEW GAMES TO VOTE ON :siren:

Defend your precious Beacon in Wrack: Exoverse! Build a maze of towers, blast waves of enemies, discover powerful items... and do it all in ever-changing worlds in this rogue-like, comic-styled shooter.

Meganoid is a challenging platformer, generating new levels on every play session. Find many items to enhance your character and his abilities while you descend down into the Meganoid space ship.

Full Mojo Rampage is a rogue-like game that takes place within the confines of the Voodoo reality. In this realm only the most powerful rites and powers can provide a safeguard against evil. Dying is not the end, only the beginning to becoming a stronger voodoo soul!

Voting ends on this Saturday at midnight MST. Also remember that daylight savings time isn't real. Thank you.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Oilskins are foul weather gear, so they probably reduce your crew's chances of becoming ill in rain/snow storms.

and, Wrack because tower-defense fps might be okay?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wrack sounds the most interesting to me.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Aw, you didn't show off clearing barnacles of the hull (the other, other nest minigame), you why you need to be careful fishing in some locations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tough break, Bruceski.

And Wrack seems like it might scratch that Orcs Must Die itch I get sometimes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Tough break, Bruceski.

I appreciate that it included the amputated leg on the death image.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't the one to die! Also gonna throw in a vote for Full Mojo Rampage to fight against the terribly unappealing Wrack. Any fps Tower Defense that tries to sell you on its "epic weapons" is kind of a turn off for me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wrack

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

As far as games that play themselves go, Wrack is okay. I had more fun with it than I might have implied, but it still suffers from being a tower defense game at its heart.

Here's some new games!

Exit the Gungeon is a small, spin-off 'dungeon climber' immediately following the adventures of the misfit Gungeoneers.

An action roguelike digger. Dig to discover treasure, adventure and bones! Jump, dash, stomp and dig your way through a strange world inhabited by stranger creatures.

Death Skid Marks is a rogue-like car combat game about what so many of us have experienced: a road trip to a music gig... only in this game, things get violent. The game uniquely blends top down arcade action and RPG mechanics.

Weird how the game I've been playing obsessively for the past week got on that list, wonder how that could have happened??? Anyway I'm pretty nice at Exit the Gungeon.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 27, 2020

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Exit the Gungeon because it's the Gungeon.

Also, there is no link for the Death Skid Marks trailer. Not that we need one, because G U N G E O N

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

A vote not for Dig Dog is the vote of a monster.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dig Dog is the only choice here.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Woof. The sound direction on Wrack was kinda nonexistent. The tower mechanisms were barely audible and none of the enemies really made any noise.

It really felt more incomplete than anything. Yeah, "tolerable" sums it up.

OK, sure Gungeon is great. I'm sure the post-game thing is great too.

But dogs. Specifically, Dig Dogs.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Y'all are objectively correct in your love of dogs, but I'm sticking to my gun(geon).

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Dig Dog, we've all seen gungeon a million times before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Exit the Gungeon because I'm curious how the sidescroller twist holds up.