Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

come forth cowards

chess.com/play/partybug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I'm so bad at chess, call me when we get to Mahjong.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Very important dog information in this video.

:siren: Time to vote! :siren:

Relic Hunters Zero is a completely FREE dual-stick shooter about blasting evil space ducks and turtles with tiny cute guns. It’s fast, it’s tactical, and feels deliciously smooth to play. Unlock new weapons, characters and relics to defeat the Ducan Commander!

Straimium Immortaly is a shmup roguelike dungeoncrawler. Explore the butts-hard procedurally generated Cubicus battling beasties, looting endless item and weapon upgrades and defeating huge boss meanies in your vengeful quest to eradicate the Queeni Emperess.

Steredenn is a frenetic and chaotic space shooter, carved in big beautiful pixels, with insane boss battles. Embark in your ship and engage the fight against dreadful space pirates in a never-ending combat for your survival.

Zushio posted:

I'm so bad at chess, call me when we get to Mahjong.
I've played 4 Yakuza games and I still don't know how the gently caress Mahjong works.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dig Dog Didn't Dissapoint.

Not too deep, but it didn't need to be. The Dogfacts were a nice bonus. I learned something today.

Let's try Stadium Immortality next. Looks fun!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
True Dog Facts was good. Dig Dog was short, and to the point.

Let's try Steredenn next.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Filthy lies, dogs don't commit crimes.

Great update. Relic Hunter Zero sounds fine, as do the others?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
Steredenn is great fun, would love to see someone better at it than me try it.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Relic Hunter Zero, you had me at "evil space duck".

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Party Bug posted:

I've played 4 Yakuza games and I still don't know how the gently caress Mahjong works.

Something inside me broke during Kiwami 2, now I look forward to it!

Can I anti-vote for Relic Hunter Zero? Unless they have patched it to hell and back it is possibly the most generic Gungeon clone I have ever seen.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Steredenn

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Zushio posted:

Something inside me broke during Kiwami 2, now I look forward to it!

Can I anti-vote for Relic Hunter Zero? Unless they have patched it to hell and back it is possibly the most generic Gungeon clone I have ever seen.

This happened to me too. It's weirdly fun. Just try to get three consecutive numbers in a row of four different types, hit square on every turn, and NEVER pon

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

Party Bug posted:

Very important dog information in this video.

I generally feel your videos are funny, but this one had me in stitches for some reason. Must be the quarantine getting to me.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

I've failed you...

Video games!?

In To Hell with Hell Natasias personal apocalypse has arrived as she find herself in hell in a battle against an army of darkness. In a classic Bullet Hell rogue-like crawler she’ll survive deadly traps and fight dozens and dozens of mad demonic enemies.

Genetic Disaster is a coop action game based around absurd guns, crazy characters and instant fun with procedurally generated levels for endless hours of accidental friendly fire in multiplayer!

Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders, as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
So we have lovely Gungeon, co-op Gungeon, and...whatever the gently caress Bad North is. Pikmin with swords? Whatever, I'm going for that one.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

A second vote for Bad North.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Bad North

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Sure let's keep going with Bad North.

How extensive is the master list of roguelikes and roguelites? I'd be curious for see someone else's opinion of Abyss Odyssey but I dunno if that's too far out for the thread.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

NGDBSS posted:

How extensive is the master list of roguelikes and roguelites? I'd be curious for see someone else's opinion of Abyss Odyssey but I dunno if that's too far out for the thread.

There's several hundred games on there. It hasn't been trimmed since the last thread though, so there's some stuff I need to get rid of (Early Access or very bad games).

You can see it here.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

More Bad North to come. Possibly a stream at some point. Either way this game is fun and there's more to show off, so expect that.

super fighting robot
Mega Maaaan!!!!

Rush Rover is a 2D top-down shooter game. Compared to other similar games of the genre, the shooting experience is closer to traditional shoot'em up games. It includes random map generation, unique weapons, lots of different enemies, exciting boss battles and a dynamic chiptune soundtrack.

A fast moving, rogue-like 3D twin-stick shooter set on a tragicomic future world. Described as “the ultimate holiday, where nothing is as it seems”, Utopia 9 takes you to the worst possible vacation destination imaginable. Utopia 9 is the absolute definition of false advertising.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 6, 2020

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Um. Video link's messed up in your post (but fine in your first post, good job on keeping that updated).

e: Bad North is decidedly good. Rush Rover looks way too bullet hell for my taste, between Utopia 9 and 20XX I'm feeling Utopia 9 more.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 6, 2020

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Rush Rover looks good if frantic, but you just had a good game so I'm gonna say 20XX next.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Bad North is tempting me a bit. Fortunately the Steam store isn't working for me.

20XX

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Time to get 20XX outbof the way

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Bad North does look really fun!

20XX is good, but I, too, will to vote for Utopia 9.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Link fixed! Thanks for the heads up.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
20XX is good and had a good LP last year, so... Utopia 9 looks more interesting out of the other two.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Utopia 9 sounds like a good time.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
In about 10 minutes I'll be doing a stream RIGHT HERE to finish up Bad North.

I'll post the videos in the thread later for those who miss it, or you can watch the vods.

Some would say I am bad at tactics.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 10, 2020

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

As promised, more Bad North. This is part one of the stream, for those that didn't catch it.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The last part of the stream. Bad North is pretty good.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Hey its ya boy with more VIDEO GAME.

Basingstoke is a tense rogue-like that mixes stealth and arcade action. Explore the smouldering ruins of Basingstoke, a world of reanimated undead and ferocious alien monsters. Scavenge as you go, crafting equipment to help you in your mission: escape Basingstoke!

Lead the rebellion in an epic rogue-like adventure. Guide your jet-pack equipped post-apocalyptic volunteers through a labyrinthine underground complex by jumping, dodging, and battling against robot minions (and masters) to get to the surface — and bring life back to the scorched Earth.

Roguemance is a roguelite with romance. Each battle is a date! Meet love interests, fight relationship problems and make heart-breaking decisions.

Voting ends on Saturday at midnight MST!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Roguemance just to see what the hell that is.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Roguemance for something different.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bad North was genuinely good! Definitely keeping that in the back pocket as a rainy-day gift for a friend or something.

Utopia 9: Like you said, it is a bit more methodical and slower paced than other twin stick shooters. That's kinda in my wheelhouse, to be honest. Worth leaving in my wish-list for a sale day at least.

Next up... Roguemance is intriguing, and Basingstoke has some humor and charm, but what I want is something a little more bland and grimdark. Gimme Fallback

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I need to learn what Roguemance is about.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Wow we've got the full four-square going on here. Utopia 9 looked like it shouldn't be good and isn't, Basingstoke looks like it shouldn't be good but probably is, Fallback looks like it should be good but probably isn't, and Roguemance looks like it should be good but ???????. I need to find out if Roguemance is actually good. Give us a look, Deputy Pbug.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Basingstoke looks like a less focused teleglitch.
Fallback looks neat, but quick and easy threat Identification is a must in all roguelites, and id think the busy and clurry nature of its look hurts it.

Roguemance it is.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 21, 2020

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Roguemance because it has the most unique premise.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Roguemance because I want to know how date battles work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

To be honest, this one ain't it.

You are the hero inside the storybook of an obsessed author pondering with his life’s work. Explore repeating worlds, befriend a talking scarecrow and swing your sword really fast, while uncovering the true, overarching adventure within.

Neoverse is a beautiful, fantastic game consisting of adventures with thrilling challenges. It is a strategic, action, rogue-lite, deck building game that will test the player’s skill. Start an adventure with unique heroes to save the world along various timelines.

Fighting against fortune would be a lot easier if you weren't a walking dice.

Possibly good games this time? Voting closes on Saturday at midnight MST.