Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That was... kind of disappointing. Interesting but shallow combat system at least.

As for next choice, I've already seen all of Dicey Dungeons and it's kind of an awesome game! So instead I'll be voting for Neoverse because what the hell is the actual gameplay of that even supposed to be?

edit: Update on previous page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I thought you were kinda hard on Roguemance, actually. It's a creative take on the formula, at least. But it does seem a little shallow. Though, if they'd throw some whacky items in there and add a way to gently caress around with multiple party members, it could turn into a whacky 4D-chess roguelike and I want that.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Neoverse It is a Slay the Spire like.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

placid saviour posted:

I thought you were kinda hard on Roguemance, actually...

I’m not entirely happy with how the video came out, so I’ll say this: Roguemance is fine.

It’s not really worth more than an hour of your time, though. Which, incidentally, is about how long it takes for a successful run. As noted, it’s just too simple as it is now. The combat system is interesting, but as noted I think it really needs to be spiced up, either with more party members or...something???

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Dicey Dungeons because Neoverse looks like Waifu the TCG.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

AltaBrown posted:

Dicey Dungeons because Neoverse looks like Waifu the TCG.

My first thought when i saw the list was "boy I hope one of the others is better than Dicey Dungeons because it irks me that they say 'a dice'". And then one is a top-down twin-stick where opaque scenery can cover the action, and the other starts its trailer with a katana girl in a suit that looks like it's already had the laziest nude texmod applied. So gently caress it, Dicey Dungeons it is, for looking like an actually bearable game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Neoverse because why not.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Dicey Dungeons is a really good game, but I've played/seen a bunch of it and I feel like it doesn't really start to shine until you start playing the more interesting characters/challenges, which would be rough as a first look. I'll go with Neoverse because the other game sounds like it's going to try to be very 'hmm makes u think' from its description, and no, please.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

If Neoverse is Slay the Spire in practice then fine, but I'm still voting Dicey Dungeons to avoid possible anime poisoning.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Neoverse looks ugly as hell so I’m gonna go Dicey Dungeons cause I’m familiar with that game and can confirm it is not bad.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Hi friends.

I'm going to be revisiting Wizard of Legend and its two years or so worth of changes for an hour or so, live at here.

Done! Didn't get to show as much as I wanted, but we at least got to see the newest boss addition.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 14, 2020

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Please do neoverse

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Do we suggest stuff in here? I was gonna suggest Hades, I’ve played it a lot and really like it.

Also nice reminder to play Wizard of Legend which I’m very bad at

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Sadly (not really) Dicey Dungeons was the winner. So expect that video this Weds. The robot sucks and is stupid.

Badger of Basra posted:

Do we suggest stuff in here? I was gonna suggest Hades, I’ve played it a lot and really like it.
Suggestions are welcome. Hades actually isn't on the list, just because it's in early access. One day, though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

My first win with the robot used the buster sword and no CPU mods. Went pretty smooth, actually, but it's probably not good enough for the challenge runs which is where I'd guess you have to depend on the gimmick rather than planning around it for a consistent approach.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Looks like "West of Dead" comes out on June 18th. Can that be added to the list?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Probably not much here for Dicey Dungeons connoisseurs, but come this Sunday I'll be doing a stream, testing out some item/character mods and generally getting weird with it.

This game is good.

Deep Dark Dungeon is a rogue-lite action game in which the player dives into the deep, dark depths of various dungeons filled with bad-tempered monsters that will attack them on sight.

A challenging action RPG with deep souls-like combat and rogue-like elements. Explore a dreadful dungeon and fight smart enemies that will plan and collaborate between themselves to defeat you.

Flamebreak is a roguelite action RPG featuring a unique blend of twinstick meets MOBA arena combat. Each procedurally generated run presents new challenges while your randomized hero's race, weapon, and skills inspire new playstyles and character builds.

Voting ends Saturday at midnight MST!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Mana Spark looks like something I might want to play, if I ever get another PC.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I think Mana Spark came up once before for vote and didn't make the grade, but now is it's time to shine!

Dicey Dungeons definitely looks like a ton of fun. It's on the wishlist for sure, and maybe the gift list for a few friends too.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I will not fault you for your rerolls. Probability is hard and your choices there looked mostly sensible anyway.

I will fault you for leaving apples behind at the end of a floor while injured and using your dice wrong though (why the two on the ooze which deals face damage and the four on detonate which doesn't???). Who are you and what have you done with the real Party Bug?

That said, warrior is the perfect starting class (reliable! no really bad choices! no memorable traits compared to the other characters you can play after moving on!) and it's possible that you were just suffering some inattentiveness from not having as much of a proper challenge to contend with, but I'm still highly suspicious.

also had you used poison properly you could have dealt a fair bit more damage faster easily, but that mistake is a bit less egregious than the above

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

This is the fixed version! Woo!

Here are the choices for next time!

A Robot Named Fight is a Metroidvania roguelike focused on exploration and item collection. Explore a different, procedurally-generated labyrinth each time you play and discover randomized power-ups to traverse obstacles, find secrets and explode meat beasts.

Second Second is a Roguelike card game without drawing cards. Explore randomly generated worlds, defeat monsters, collect valuable cards and add the best ones to your deck. The battles are not based on luck, so prepare to put your skills to the test.

Buckle up for shoot ‘em up chaos in this fast-paced and hyper-stylized roguelite. As the infamous bounty hunter Black Paradox, it’s up to you to travel through space and defeat the Hellraisers – the most dangerous criminal organization in the galaxy.

Voting ends on Saturday at midnight MST!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I will not fault you for your rerolls. Probability is hard and your choices there looked mostly sensible anyway.

I will fault you for leaving apples behind at the end of a floor while injured and using your dice wrong though...
I can do roguelites, but I can't do math. :negative:

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 3, 2020

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Audio desyncs massively after the first cut, so it's there for about 80% of the video.

Also definitely Second Second. They're all trying to pull off being baller in the trailers and it's the only one that succeeds.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I second Second Second this second.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I'm seconding the seconding of Second Second.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Felinoid posted:

Audio desyncs massively after the first cut, so it's there for about 80% of the video.

Oops, I'll get that fixed.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Party Bug posted:

I can do roguelites, but I can't do math. :negative:

.....but, but, but, that's not math! That's not being able to read your abilities! This is like calling it math when you have a gun that says it does 50 damage and tossing it for the sword that does 20 and wondering why it suddenly takes twice as long to kill things. :psyduck:

I guess I should just be thankful HydraSlayer isn't coming up for a vote. Though it would make for an amusing extreme punishment stream...

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I guess I should just be thankful HydraSlayer isn't coming up for a vote. Though it would make for an amusing extreme punishment stream...

Do this tbh. It will be hilarious.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
The Mana Spark video is now fixed. Good looking out!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

.....but, but, but, that's not math!
Reading and menus are also among my weaknesses.

Ask me anything about dogs though.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Party Bug posted:

Opinions on spaniels?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Played void bastards for about an hour, really like it. Controlling the gun just seems.... inexact though, not crisp like playing hardcore shooters counter strike which is my only big complaint so far.

Very cool game, kinda like heat signature but more desperate, you’re just trying to survive versus a super-soldier mercenary trying to make it big.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Party Bug posted:

Besides presumably yours, what is the best dog?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Turns out card games where you only draw the cards you want aren't actually that fun.

Fate Hunters is a hardcore mix of strategy card battles and a roguelike adventure. Build your deck, explore the dangerous dark fantasy world and face fearsome foes! Risk your life to get powerful treasures!

Deckbuilding empowers this challenging bullet hell adventure! Each character is a unique experience: Choose a deck of unlockable cards to boost you in new ways every battle - "My whirlwind shoots fireballs!?". Battle hordes of brutal foes to become a superstar in C-SAR’s ever-changing game show.

Bunker Punks is a fast paced rogue-light FPS set in a dystopian future. Run a group of revolutionaries and raid corporate strongholds for supplies, weapons and armor. Customize your bunker, train your gang and tear down the corporate government.

Voting ends on Saturday at midnight MST!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Besides presumably yours, what is the best dog?
This dog

SageNytell posted:

Opinions on spaniels?
6/10 Dog

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 15, 2020

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'm not a fan of the part where the enemies (including bosses!) can just give up instantly instead of fighting. Very unsatisfying. The whole "delay actually getting rewards to get possibly better rewards" system is also not to my taste. (Though, I think you maybe missed that if you don't keep cards they contribute pack points on a one per card basis. Seems like a good reason to ditch stuff you're not planning on using, at least as long as you keep a few spares for events.)

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Since the cardplay in Second Second was rear end, maybe Forced Showdown will be better?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Holy crapsponge. The point of a deckbuilder game is to have fun using the weird poo poo you put into your deck, not to have people walk up, look at your deck, say "yeah that's pretty good" and then walk away again. But not only will the AI surrender at the very start of a battle, depriving you of even the chance to impress into submission, there doesn't even appear to be any particularly weird poo poo you can put together! :psyduck:

Let's go with Bunker Punks and just shoot some things in the goddamn face instead.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bunker Punks for a palate cleanser because that was a bad show for a deckbuilder. The AI just giving up at the start of battle doesn't feel even a little good and the cards you could put together weren't fun or themed in any way. The design in general really felt like 'throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks'.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
Maybe a pre-built deck where you always get what you want could be combined with an auto-fighting system of some sort so the fun is in the build/preplanning phase and seeing if your crazy Rube Goldberg Device goes off properly...hmm...

dotchan fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 18, 2020

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

A terror mechanic where you could have a nasty enough rep that weaker enemies would start fleeing or maybe even kill themselves rather than let you do something even more terrifying to them could be pretty good, too, but that kind of thing has to be earned or else it doesn't work.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

My aim might be improving? Bunker Punks is also pretty fun.

Here are the choices for this week!

Tower of Guns is a fast paced first-person-shooter for the twitch gamer... with a few randomized elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2. Tower of Guns was made by a guy named Joe (with his brother Mike...)

In fully destructible terrains, carve your own path in a new rogue-lite that focuses on challenging combat. Dive into the deep tunnels of a mining colony on your own, or in local co-op with up to 4 players. Purchase gear, level up your character, and gain powerful perks to eliminate the alien horde.

Fate Hunters is a hardcore mix of strategy card battles and a roguelike adventure. Build your deck, explore the dangerous dark fantasy world and face fearsome foes! Risk your life to get powerful treasures!

Voting ends on Saturday, midnight MST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Party Bug posted:

It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2.

loving sold. Tower of Guns so I know if it's actually that or not because if so, I'm buying it.