Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Yeah, Tower of Doom.

Update previous page

racerabbit fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Man, Bunker Punks looks excellent, if a bit...sparse? Good thing it's a budget title.

Now back to cards! Do Fate Hunters for your sins.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Tower of Guns is hekkin rad, so definitely dakka it up.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Offically my #2 game about guns shooting other guns.

:siren: NEXT GAME! :siren:

Trade. Gamble. Fight! Test your arcade chops in Null Vector, a twin-stick shooter rogue-lite. Discover and experiment with thousands of weapon combinations, take strategic advantage of machines to trade and gamble for new ship parts, and unleash your own bullet hell upon the Final Boss!

Deep Dark Dungeon is a rogue-lite action game in which the player dives into the deep, dark depths of various dungeons filled with bad-tempered monsters that will attack them on sight.

Flamebreak is a roguelite action RPG featuring a unique blend of twinstick meets MOBA arena combat. Each procedurally generated run presents new challenges while your randomized hero's race, weapon, and skills inspire new playstyles and character builds.

Voting ends on Saturday at midnight MST as usual.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Great video but it was brutally painful as a Tower of Guns fan to watch you walk right past so many secrets

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Tower of Guns does look like lots of fun.

How about Flamebreak next?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Null Vector looks deliciously crunchy.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

This game is surprisingly good. Especially if you like shapes, there's a lot of them in here. Some of the best.

A real all-star collection of games this time:

Descend into the grim and gritty world of Purgatory in this cover-based shooter which combines the fluidity of twin-stick controls and tactical cover usage. Dodge behind cover as you try to outgun your enemies in the unknown procedurally generated hunting grounds.

GoNNER is a tough as hell procedurally-generated 2D platformer with roguelike elements, following the largely misunderstood and altruistic Ikk on a journey to cheer up his only friend in this world - a giant landbound whale named Sally - by searching for just the right trinket in the deep and dark places nearby.

Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award winning hardcore roguelike rhythm game. Move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat! Groove to the epic Danny Baranowsky soundtrack, or select songs from your own MP3 collection!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Out of those three... GoNNER. West of Dead sounds boring and Crypt of the Necrodancer is well-known enough

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

West of Dead looks really stylish, and I'm a sucker for anything voiced by Ron Perlman, but GoNNER looks like it will be utterly confusing and fun.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

GoNNER looks like my kind of weird. West of Dead looks neat, but it can wait.

chktshadeclaw
Feb 8, 2012
West of Dead looks pretty cool

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
GoNNER is indeed weird and cool and a game I own.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

My apologies to the GoNNER community.

Full Mojo Rampage is a rogue-like game that takes place within the confines of the Voodoo reality. In this realm only the most powerful rites and powers can provide a safeguard against evil. Dying is not the end, only the beginning to becoming a stronger voodoo soul!

Fate Hunters is a hardcore mix of strategy card battles and a roguelike adventure. Build your deck, explore the dangerous dark fantasy world and face fearsome foes! Risk your life to get powerful treasures!

Immortal Redneck is a FPS set in Egypt with rogue-lite elements. Frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style feel meet randomly generated dungeons, a complete skill tree, permanent death and 9 classes with different traits.

Voting for the next game closes at Saturday, midnight MST.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I like the graphics and styling on that Goner but it looks way too annoyingly hard to be fun

I vote Immortal Redneck for next game

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Well, that was interesting in that it didn't look like anything else, but I doubt I'd ever play it.

Seconding Redneck Rampage

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Gonner looks like utter dogshit trying to hide behind "artsy game".

And now Immortal Redneck for a palate cleanser.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I liked the look at first, though the gameplay looks a bit too technical to be fun. Fortunately Immortal Redneck will be a solid palate cleanser.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I got a very nice message (months ago) that reminded me I should make some videos.

So, uh, I'm going to kind of do that. This Wednesday at 6 PST / 9 EST (nice) I'll be running Immortal Redneck on stream (twitch.tv/pbug) and recording the Rogues Gallery 2 finale. The game has Twitch integration so I assume you can use it to do dumb stuff to make my life harder, so that'll be cool???

After that I'll be taking a break from the Rogues Gallery to work on some other ill-advised projects. And by that I just mean I'm going to do a full LP of a different roguelite. And then I may get back to doing this again later.

Anyway that's my cool story, thanks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Is the full LP for Rogue Legacy 2?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Roguelite thread finale in like five minutes over at twitch.tv/pbug

Going to do 10-5 minutes of warm up and then do the run proper.

Stream done, I'll get the proper video up sometime soon. Big thanks for everyone who came out!

CirclMastr posted:

Is the full LP for Rogue Legacy 2?
It's a much worse (and better?) choice than that.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 8, 2020

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, a full LP of the actual game Rogue, for whom roguelikes and roguelites are named?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
A 100% LP of demoncrawl would be great.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The first part of the Rogues Gallery Finalery.

CirclMastr posted:

So, a full LP of the actual game Rogue, for whom roguelikes and roguelites are named?
I would never play Rogue, Rogue is the worst Roguelite.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Here's the last one!

With that the Rogues Gallery is closed for business. It'll be back someday. Thanks to everyone who watched and participated in the thread!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for all the vids, this was a good thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
This was one of the few LP threads I still followed, best of luck with your new one