Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
OU is gonna beat Texas. Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
poo poo, a Charlie Strong Texas team beat OU that one time. Anything’s possible in the Cotton Bowl. Jalen Hurts is absolutely going to throw for like a thousand yards but maybe we get a few turnovers and push their defense around some and who knows?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It's entirely possible that Texas just isn't very good, in which case LSU probably isn't either. The highlight of Texas' resume thus far is playing LSU close but failing to put it away even though LSU's defense totally collapsed in the second half (literally and figuratively). Meanwhile all LSU has done is survive against Texas while looking clearly vulnerable in the process and throttle some cupcakes. I know everyone thinks Florida is way overrated but they've accomplished at least as much as LSU so far.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

colachute posted:

I am glad that guy has taken on the noble and completely not racist task of saving young black men from themselves.

While lamenting the lack of proper guidance by their parents and community that made it necessary for him to take up the white man’s burden.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

YOLOsubmarine posted:

LSU leads FBS in points per game. Yea, they haven't played anyone yet other than Texas, but it's not like Oklahoma or Alabama, who are right behind them, have run a gauntlet either.

Texas is ranked an astonishing #121 in pass defense (and #93 in total defense) idk if putting up points on us is that big of an accomplishment.

Also holy poo poo how good would this team be with even a borderline competent defense?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Again, they currently lead FBS in points per game. The argument isn't that they are good because they scored a lot on Texas, it's that they're good because they're scoring a lot on everyone they play.

Yeah, they're clearly very capable of running up the score on overmatched defenses, it just doesn't seem like it's been tested against any actual good defenses and their own defense looked like a potential liability. It's not that I think they're actually bad, it's just... are they really that good? Seems like they could end up being a playoff team or losing 3+ games down the stretch.

I might be overly skeptical. I have some mild PTSD from 2016 Notre Dame and 2017 USC so when Texas appears evenly matched with a highly ranked team early on I assume the other team is actually bad and any Texas fan foolish enough to think we were competing at a high level will have the rug pulled out from under them.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
e: wrong thread

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 9, 2019

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
And I think I read it's some weird thing where legally the school and their employees aren't supposed refer to the school that way, but they're skirting it by having the TV networks/athletic conference/etc. do it instead of doing it directly.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Silly Burrito posted:

They fielded a modern offense this year.

Fooled all of y’all!

For real, we would’ve beaten last year’s LSU team handily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO