Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State had a convincing win. I have this feeling that I’m going to look back at these two early and extremely close losses and have some “what could have been” thoughts again.

Middle of the big 12 looks wide open. It’s OU at the top, Kansas at the bottom, and who the hell knows with the other 8.

I still feel pretty confident that West Virginia is second from the bottom, and that Texas is still probably a shade better than the other six.

Baylor looked very good against KSU today though, and has a credible chance of being 9-0 or 8-1 going into the last three games of the season (OU, Texas, Kansas). As long as their QB doesn’t miss time from his injury today.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

The AFF gimmick was pretty tired - but it was nice to have a Baylor poster here - there is no one to heap love on the undefeated and ranked Baylor Bears who are an incredible story of overcoming the adversity of having raped dozens of people without consequences and making it back to prominence

I'm right here man

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I thought you were an A&M fan?

If Scionix is allowed to have duel fandom, I don't see why I can't.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

You've picked quite the pair of teams, but then again, I guess so did he.

I come from a mixed marriage. We had season tickets for Baylor through the depths of the Dave Roberts/Kevin Steele era when they were consistently one of the worst teams in the country. They were the kind of teams where you'd sit through a 62-0 home loss to Texas and say, "really, I think they did their best".

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 7, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m curious if Lessail has and knowledge or recollection of the infamous 1999 Baylor-UNLV game. I was there for that one.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

You gotta step up your Baylor posting.

Their quarterback Charlie Brewer II (who is looking exceptional this year) got hurt in the fourth quarter and didn't return, and I still haven't seen any updates regarding his status. For Texas Tech and Virginia Tech fans, he is the younger brother of Michael Brewer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Love that not only is A&M still ranked, they moved up during the bye.

Hey man, coach says they had a great week of practice.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

mactheknife posted:

seems like it wouldn't be a bad hire but also why would he ever take that job

That's an excellent question, seems like if Fickell can get Cincy to a couple more 10 win seasons he'll be at the front of the line for a P5 gig that isn't Nightmare difficulty.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Tennessee might be open by then.

Or Virginia Tech

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Oh my god, this second mortgage won't process fast enough.

I don't know, man. LSU has looked dominant, but what's their best win?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Baylor quarterback Charlie Brewer has been cleared to play when they host Tech on Saturday.

There's at least one pointless neutral site game that's been put out of its misery.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Athanatos posted:

It's weird that the Illini feel like they could almost be good? Like maybe Lovie Smith isn't completely trash, there is that....almost quality to the team.

He's not the guy to get it over that hump, but....maybe there is a light?

I forget sometimes that they're in the West. That alone puts their ceiling higher than Rutgers/Maryland/Indiana.

Unrelated to their division, it wasn't eons ago that Ron Zook took them to a Rose Bowl!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Recruiting/philosophical question- with USC and Oregon down (compared with what we're used to seeing), and UCLA even worse than normal, where exactly is all of California's abundant talent going?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Every Northwestern bowl appearance is a pretty scathing indictment of the rest of the division, imo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

My parents’ preacher bears a striking similarity to Mark Richt

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

They were doing it last year for sure

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

And I think I read it's some weird thing where legally the school and their employees aren't supposed refer to the school that way, but they're skirting it by having the TV networks/athletic conference/etc. do it instead of doing it directly.

"Yeah, legally my name is General Dog, but if you want to call me Big Dick Sizemore, I'm not going to correct you or tell you to stop."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Was this generated by an algorithm?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarf posted:

everyone knows Rick would be a UCONN fan because literally nothing matters.

Morty's face is replaced by Trauma Husky

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

Since the season's halfway done I ran my moon poll -

Results are looking pretty solid so fa-

pre:
52. Liberty		4-2	0.5015

:eyepop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

The moon poll rewards defensive scoring and doesn't really look at who they're stopping. Mizzou will fall off unless they overachieve bigly.

Liberty might drag on because I didn't design the poll with a team playing the bottom of the barrel every week in mind

It’s pretty incredible they play 4 games against the bottom 10 (depending on where New Mexico finishes) plus two FCS. Rutgers might be the third best team on the schedule.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nice meltdown by all involved parties

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Iirc, Jimbo’s nephew was actually vindicated, as far as not being the instigator

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Does anybody in FBS do black and orange as their primary colors? Seems like it could be a good look, but it’s not something I see very often.

Edit: I guess Oklahoma State goes with that look fairly often, but I think their primary helmets and pants are still white.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess they ruined it for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

...I'm sorry, come again?

It appears that several of his passes have resulted in negative yards