Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The defense was incredible in the first quarter and then got absolutely shredded in the second, to the tune of OSU’s most yards in any quarter since 2012. This tells me that the D has more flaws than previously thought, especially in the secondary, but I think a lot of it is that OSU is just that good on offense. The offense couldn’t get things going but I’m not sure what more Salem could realistically have gotten out of them, and obviously turning it over twice in the first four plays completely alters your gameplan. Overall we hung around longer than I expected but the brilliance displayed at the beginning made the rest of the game more disappointing.

Wisconsin and Penn State are going to be a much better barometer of where we’re at. Everyone wants to measure themselves against Ohio State but those programs are much closer to Sparty’s tier, and Dantonio has had Penn State’s number for a while. The Wisconsin game might be a lot like Michigan-Iowa was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

Am I off, or is this the least upsetty college football season in awhile so far? It feels decidedly unchaotic to this point. Where art thou, xort?

Last season was also pretty much chalk.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gameday doing two Florida games in a row is weird. Obviously that’s the biggest game but the Red River game is right there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The absolute worst meme format in history, sorry

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1182101168505286656?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

You can mock UGA by winning titles.

:smith:

Or, for some reason, by saying UCF should have a title

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

colachute posted:

Doesn’t Tennessee have the most important title though

Something like the “we were good people and worked hard” trophy or something?

Champions of Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

Does anybody in FBS do black and orange as their primary colors? Seems like it could be a good look, but it’s not something I see very often.

Edit: I guess Oklahoma State goes with that look fairly often, but I think their primary helmets and pants are still white.

Oregon State