Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Always good to get a win in Morgantown.

Can't help but feel like OU is gonna pound us next week.

We're getting into the deep reserves in the secondary, and we have one RB at 100% and he's a QB. Some RB I've never seen but who is apparently a fifth-year senior who has been continuously injured for 5 years is getting snaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We had some great plays this week:

Sick interception
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1180606136380203008

Left tackle scores a TD
https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork/status/1180613917208432640

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hard to envision anything but LSU taking Florida to the woodshed.

Buuuuuut, it's clear Jalen Hurts is going to have a field day against Texas, so ....

Yes, Florida's uhhhh hard-nosed defense will confound LSU, who will completely fall apart and look like a totally different team

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Its hate week. Get it together. Oklahoma is a backwater gas field that should be condemned as a super fund site that happens to field an ok football team.

A worse Texas team took them on with Kyler Murray and beat em. Herman's teams are always hyped and always prepared for big games.

Texas is going to win. gently caress OU. Amen.

It's true, Case McCoy beat OU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

N: OU was the last team to have College Gameday at their home game, an away game, and a neutral site game I believe in 2008. That's kind of interesting. Florida making moves. :smuggo:

V:

I think they make a good effort to spread it around these days. I saw an article that was like "Red River Shootout Snubbed by Gameday" but eh they already did a Texas game this year and they went to the Shootout last year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Tulane should be ranked above Texas. Tulane's only loss is to Auburn. Texas lost to a team who is too scared to play Tulane. (despite still owing them a game in New Orleans.)

:mad:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dilber posted:

I'm still mad at the ACC and the horrific reffing.

https://twitter.com/cg_mia/status/1180983494375329792

This apparently wasn't targeting. It was called and then picked up, so i guess i just don't know what the rule is.

I dunno what happened over the offseason, but I must have seen them pick up 3 or 4 flags on textbook cases yesterday.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I'm right here man

I thought you were an A&M fan?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

If Scionix is allowed to have duel fandom, I don't see why I can't.

You've picked quite the pair of teams, but then again, I guess so did he.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I come from a mixed marriage. We had season tickets for Baylor through the depths of the Dave Roberts/Kevin Steele era when they were consistently one of the worst teams in the country. They were the kind of teams where you'd sit through a 62-0 home loss to Texas and say, "really, I think they did their best".

"At least they aren't murdering each other like the basketball team"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

It never works - Texas has been the only loss for a playoff bound OU team twice. While it's fun, blue blood programs will always get the benefit of the doubt.

Don't tell Florida they're a blue blood program. Someone will try to gently caress an alligator at a tailgate in celebration.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Every time I've had gator, it's been chewy and gross

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

LSU is -13, according to ESPN.

Oh my god, this second mortgage won't process fast enough.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I don't know, man. LSU has looked dominant, but what's their best win?

:mad:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Recruiting/philosophical question- with USC and Oregon down (compared with what we're used to seeing), and UCLA even worse than normal, where exactly is all of California's abundant talent going?

They're going to Austin with all the other Californians

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm deeply concerned about the public image of the Nittany Kid Fuckers.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I can't even grasp the processes involved in one's own brain that make you worry about someone's hair, unless it is a potential health code violation.

It's a way for racists to stigmatize blackness.

fyi hygiene and health are one of the frequently-used excuses by white people who do this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Probably should wear a hair net if you work in a bakery regardless of what ethnicity you are

Yeah, no poo poo.

What's that got to do with this?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The poo poo-talk has begun

https://twitter.com/ChipBrown247/status/1181612578407104512

Sash! posted:

That's what I meant by where my level of caring was?

Ah, I see.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:flag:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah but that makes some sort of (dumb) sense.

I'm pretty sure if you just flash the horns down at a camera or the fans or something you get flagged. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's something like that

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27202541/big-12-horns-ok-depending-usage

quote:

"Like any play, there is a degree -- who it's directed at," Burks said Tuesday at Big 12 media days at AT&T Stadium. "If they do it in their bench area, we're not going to look at it. It would be like any other celebration foul, so it has to be like any other foul we have. Does it rise to the level we need to deal with that? It's a hot topic.

"I know people want us to be definitive on that, but it's like any touchdown celebration. Is it directed at an opponent or just celebration with your teammates?"

Like all celebration penalties, it's stupid bullshit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Texas had vince young so theyre alright imo

This guy knows what's up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Or if you're rich, smu

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Or, for some reason, by saying UCF should have a title

UCF does have a title

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Does this sound different than Orgeron usually sounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The disparity between this punishment and what this punishment would be if it were, like, Bama is so loving enormous.