Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Astroneer is a pro-tier multiplayer experience if you get the chance to. If you go for completion then single-player gets a bit repetitive and stale near the end. Still a very strong game and highly recommended for casual base-building and exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It's a lot like Subnautica where if they put in a map it would betray just how little there is to explore.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Also something about changes to the vehicle drill, I will be pleasantly surprised if it's now worth using.

Eh? It has been worth using ever since they gave vehicles more power. Just being able to plow through mountains made it much easier to power all the spoiler-y things.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Prokhor posted:

accidentally knock a tether down a pit and oops there goes your oxygen.

Yeah. Accidentally.

Incidentally purposefully growing and hiding spike plants in key locations can get wonderful responses.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Echoing that the steam version's multiplayer works perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

My group unlocked the VTOL last night, and it's a lot of fun flying around planets without having to deal with terrain. Burns through Hydrazine like nothing else -- a complete "orbit" of a non-moon planet uses about a full tank.

If you haven't played Astroneer in a while, it's worth going back in and doing the two MAT missions. You get two really fun vehicles to play with.

There's also a Halloween event going on now, but it seems to be identical to last year's (farm squash, refine squasholine, get cosmetics).

The last time I played I remember getting burned out traveling to the platforms with a glitchy buggy for powering them. A VTOL sounds much better.