Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Sorry for the long delay. Turns out moving is more work than you think.

Part 05: Sequence Break

I'm the Banjo-Pilot of this Banjo-Plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

If you make another version of that car and don't add "& Knuckles" in some way, I will be disappointed.

Also, as requests go, I'd love if you can make one that looks kinda like an X-Wing, since we're getting wings now.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 06: Banjo Land

They should have brought the UFO game back.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I feel like I should address that I'm not very happy with how I've handled the Nuts & Bolts LP so far. I have a handful more videos recorded (and due to how the game is enormous and only has a single save file, it's not easy to redo them but I may just sit down and replay the game and do it anyway), but after those, I'm considering trying to make adjustments such as smacking myself whenever I start mumbling, and planning a little bit more before each session.

Just felt like I should bring it up in case anyone else was feeling the same way about the videos.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I haven't noticed a significant drop in quality, FWIW. Now that you mention it, these videos seem a little more... I don't want to say disorganized, but improvised maybe? Tooie kinda felt like that too with the bigger levels. I don't really see that as a bad thing, though. Just go with the flow and try to have fun, y'know? I'd think planning everything is going to turn this all into more of a slog than anything.

Also somehow I do not remember this level. I know I got way past this part, but I just don't remember it at all. With music that good, you'd think it would be the level I'd remember the best.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's actually kind of fun not having all the bum runs cut. Showing the evolution of your car as you keep rebuilding it to meet the challenge is pretty fun.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
You hit upon a key in your video: "I made it better by making is stupider" This game's charm is in making the dumbest, 8 year old going wild with a bin of lego designs. The speedrun cage pusher was pants on head idiotic and it works!

Make it stupider.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 07: Ex-Wife

Truck nuts

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

pointlessone posted:

Make it stupider.

:getin:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

azren posted:

If you make another version of that car and don't add "& Knuckles" in some way, I will be disappointed.

YES! :toot:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 08: A Mess

Tightropes

Mumbo's Motors 01: Battletoads

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 30, 2020

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
One of the reasons I don't like Showdown Town is because of the NPC's in it, none of the animals do anything, or say anything interesting, they just run around in random directions and exist only to get in your way.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

That was a fun, beautiful train wreck loading those boxes and getting distracted.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

This was an absolute delight.

Once you finally got all the boxes back and made it to the teleporter, I honestly expected you to have forgotten that boxes don't teleport with you and have to start over.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
That truly was a glorious mess. It really does seem that they went out of their way to make things as annoying as possible in Showdown Town though, what with the NPCs endlessly getting in the way, platforming without any platforming-based moves, the cops now being an issue when carrying Jiggies, etc. Although I am surprised that just carrying Mumbo crates is still allowed without being pestered, with everything else, would think those would have become illegal contraband or something by now. Also, love the addition of the frog buddy in Battletoads, that's a great touch.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 09: Save the World

Exciting boss fights

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'd have thought the highest spring jump would be a tiny, lightweight base and 3 or 4 springs, but maybe the physics don't work that way.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 10: The Jiggoseum

Don't use a vehicle.

Mumbo's Motors 02: Armored Van

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"You've completely trivialized this entire race by being a plane"

A good tagline

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh that long jump is fun to run every vehicle you have to see which can go the furthest. It's especially funny that your strategy uses isn't that different than that of the eternal glory that is the Kinetikos: :siren: Motion sickness warning :siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tEU59v9aMk

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 5, 2020

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Squiddycat posted:

"You've completely trivialized this..."

Also a good description for completing many of the challenges in general.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 11: Return to Nutty Acres

Finally, we learn how to fly a plane

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I like the tightropes just fine. I think they add an element of suspense to the videos.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 12: Sports

There should be a pool in the Jiggoseum.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Suggestion: make a Clanker submarine

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You haven't done a dedicated plane yet. How about a cropduster biplane?

And call it Banjo Pilotwings or whatever else you decide is good.

E: ooh or a hang glider of some sorts would be cool.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 9, 2020

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Why doesn't Battletoads have the giant fist on it?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

azren posted:

Why doesn't Battletoads have the giant fist on it?

Probably because the fist is useless compared to the guns already on it, honestly the scuba chair we just got would be legitimately more useful for it since it's technically already a water vehicle.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I learned today that Banjo Kazooie has a modding scene. Which is kind of surprising. There's like no central place to find.info in them, but you can find a Banjo-Threeie mod and that can start a trip down the rabbit hole. Also a few crossover type mods

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 13: Super Banjo Universe

Underwater excitement.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
"It looks cool, it's just kind of miserable to play." is a pretty good summary of this game.

I mean I enjoyed playing through it all but I was a fan of the vehicle mechanics like a ton.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

64bitrobot posted:

"It looks cool, it's just kind of miserable to play." is a pretty good summary of this game.

Yeah, agreed. Also the main hub especially is just large for the sake of being large, with absolutely nothing but to really fill it. Honestly you could cut down the size of Showdown Town by a good 1/3 and not lose anything. Probably also reduce the number of worthless in the way wondering npc citizens as well, as wow, they really are just there to be in the way and make repeated one-liners if you run into them.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 14: Terrarium of Terror

This game's pretty easy when you cheat

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
:stare: Well umm, those certainly were some physics there in Showdown Town... And wow, forgotten how... messy the Terrarium was. As for the whole mercenary mercenary thing, it was a play on both meanings of the word mercenary, eg. a person who does some service solely for the pay and a mercenary solider.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 15: All Jinjos are Bastards

They actively damage this game.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I feel as though investing some time into building a nice flyable helicopter or jetcopter would make traveling through most of the maps much more enjoyable.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

I feel as though investing some time into building a nice flyable helicopter or jetcopter would make traveling through most of the maps much more enjoyable.

This, please. Battletoads is a clunker of a flier, and I cringe watching it careen and slew around wildly.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

64bitrobot posted:

Sounds like it is time to build the Turbo Tunnel hover bike then... :frogsiren:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I just had the image of building a mock up of b&k mid fly animation as a plane. That would be so cool and require way more artistic talent than I will ever have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 16: Billiard Bonanza

Don't use a car in the car game.

Apologies for the inconsistent and infrequent posts. As you probably know, life is pretty screwed up right now.