Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think the reality is closer to 1 and then Microsoft never let it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
It's all rumors and hearsay, but word is that another Banjo was in development after Nuts and Bolts but it got the lid put on it due to the poor sales of NaB. There were a lot of Rare games in development around that time that ended up canceled (several of them have little videos in Rare Replay, there was a sequel to Kameo, a horror game, a kart racer, and more) so it's pretty believable.

Stop n Swop II is actually used in the Nuts and Bolts DLC, but it's just a few bonus blueprints and clearly not their intended end point for the feature. I will of course show it off when we get to it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 10: Seaman's Surprise

Featuring Tiptup the honking turtle

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Best I can tell is that the sign over the pigs pool is a really lovely hint for mumbo's explodey wall. As made obvious by the fact that you had no idea what "skull beach. Beach skull" meant despite knowing to do that.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

yeah everything I see online says it’s for blowing up the wall. it’s such a weird tip since you miss 90% of the level if you don’t go get Mumbo anyway

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Fun thing, you can also destroy the door to the rental room in Jolly's Inn with a Grenade Egg to avoid having to pay the 2 doubloons and you can even still destroy it after you paid if you just want to be mean. I could have sworn that he then charged you for blowing it up, but checking the wiki for the game, that doesn't seem to actually be the case. Not that there is any need to do that, as you get more then enough doubloons to buy everything in town.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 11: Woo Fak Fak

Welcome to Waterworld, motherfuckers.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 12: Terrydactyland

They say a meteor killed the dinosaurs, but it was actually a bear.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 13: Pretzel

After this episode, I will be taking a week long break for the holidays. Have a merry one, friends.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Will do!
Also I'll just get it out of the way and say that while the next level is a lot of people's least favourite, I'm a huge apologist. I just like the atmosphere a lot and it has my favourite level theme in the game.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

E. Kawaii

Also I forgot that Wonderwing was in the game so I never got that Stomponadon jiggy.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this level is where I think B-T really begins to drag a bit and starts having levels that are just to big for their own good. Also, never noticed how limited use Mumbo and the various transformations were either, most of them really are just 2-3 small things and then done.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Will do!
Also I'll just get it out of the way and say that while the next level is a lot of people's least favourite, I'm a huge apologist. I just like the atmosphere a lot and it has my favourite level theme in the game.

Same. The actual stuff to do in the level is men, but the aesthetic and music make wandering around it fun.

And the initial puzzle it gives you is great.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 14: Grunty Industries

Everyone's favorite level.

As a quick aside, over the holiday break I started a SSLP of Corpse Party: Blood Drive. I dunno that there's any audience overlap between Banjo-Kazooie and Corpse Party, but I thought I'd mention it regardless!

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I also think it's cool how you properly enter this level. I guess that makes Old King Coal the only mandatory boss, since you still need the moves from G.I. to get through the rest of the game so you can't skip it outright.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Taking the train into work was just such a funny puzzle it was worth feeling like an idiot for how long it took me to figure it out.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ahh, Grunty Industries, the level that took me ages to puzzle through without a guide back in the day. While I really like sneaking in via taking the train, man is the place just not fun or easy to navigate at all, and having to constantly deal with or dodge those security robots really, really gets old fast, double so with how quickly the security cameras respawn. This level was definitely the line for me where the game's levels just got to big and complex for their own good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

And this is the level that made sure I'd never 100% this game. I got the moves and got right out. I don't remember if I even got a jiggy in here

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I do like how you slowly open up the level and make it more accessible. This game feels like a really neat first step into a more complex 3d platformer/collectathon genre that sadly never really came to fruition, kind of what the first Devil May Cry was to DMC5 or Bayonetta now.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 15: Perfect Dark Zero

This part is like Perfect Dark Zero because there's a lot of poo poo.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like how in the same video there was disappointment over the lack of continued use of clockwork kazooies, you also went for the split up pad on floor five rather than just toss on top of all the boxes you couldn't climb.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I honestly always forget you can just toss Clockwork Kazooie Eggs to circumvent a lot of obstacles.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
drat, Kazooie is forward. "Drop your shorts, buddy. Aint got all day"

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, that FPS section, real bad memories of being flat out stuck on it forever. Think I had to look up a GameFAQs guide to find every Clinker eventually.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 16: The Ice Key

Now you can see a nice ice key that you can have for free.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Some part of my brain says that the transformation also gets you infinite fire eggs. (Not that it displays it, but shooting them doesn't decrease the counter.) I could be misremembering though.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 4, 2020

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

A quick google confirms this

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 17: Hailfire Peaks

Aww it's Gobi, baby.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 18: Brothers

I'm very proud of my enormous foot.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey

To solve the mystery behind that Kickball achievement, it's not as ominous as it sounds.

It's a famous quote from England winning the Football (aka soccer :rolleyes:) World Cup in 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsOOLIsZ-U

Despite regular hubris, football has failed to come home since. :britain:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 19: Mumbo Miracles

The return of an old hero.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mighty Steed posted:

To solve the mystery behind that Kickball achievement, it's not as ominous as it sounds.

It's a famous quote from England winning the Football (aka soccer :rolleyes:) World Cup in 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsOOLIsZ-U

Despite regular hubris, football has failed to come home since. :britain:

Two World Wars, one World Cup, gently caress all since then, doo-dah, doo-dah.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
You're actually not that far off, they planned to convert an in-development Diddy Kong Racing game for the GameCube into a 360 game called Sabreman Stampede following Rare's acquisition though sadly that ended up getting canned as well do to lack of direction.

As for Nuts & Bolts, the issue is that not only the variety is vehicle focused in a platformer series meaning the player base wants variety focused around actual platforming rather than complete genre shifts, something Nitro Rad on YouTube has been very vocal about in his reviews, but it can be repetitive since it's very common to just make and use something specifically geared towards the challenge (e.g. using your fastest vehicle for racing) and many challenges don't even let you use your own vehicle.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Y'know, Mumbo wouldn't have to deal with the fire hands if you used the shortcut in his hut.

I only mention because it's really easy to miss if you didn't read the hint inside the volcano...

Oh wait.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Rather Watch Them posted:

Y'know, Mumbo wouldn't have to deal with the fire hands if you used the shortcut in his hut.

I only mention because it's really easy to miss if you didn't read the hint inside the volcano...

Oh wait.

I was about to say I know one of the levels has a tunnel connecting his hut to Wumba's wigwam but I couldn't remember if it was this level or another one.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Oh. I uh. Never actually knew about that secret tunnel, despite having played this game at least 10+ times.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 20: Cloud Cuckoo Land

The final level begins.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Part 21: Canary Mary

The game's true final boss is here.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Using an object to mash a button is a time-honored arcade tradition :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

The only person you're cheating by not cheating... is yourself.