Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm really enjoying the videos! I can't wait for Tooie since I've never actually seen or played that one.

What happens in Click Clock Wood if you visit the squirrel or the bird in the next season without feeding them in the one prior? Have they just starved to death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I had no idea this existed, at least the GBA Spyro games were isometric.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 9, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Those minigames don't look awful to play but boy are they an eyesore. It's astonishing to me that anybody thought 3d models rendered as 2d sprites looked in any way good, meanwhile I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance which is all just regular sprites and it is gorgeous!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Sorry, can I link to your twitter here? Because this is god drat mind blowing.

https://twitter.com/YukiHamsterlady/status/1193404637837172736

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Fiendly posted:

Kirby's Epic Yarn also has a PAL English dub and an NTSC English dub, the former having a narrator with a British accent and some British-isms in the script.

Totally forgot this game featured talking poo poo like it was the Conker's Bad Fur Day crossover no one wanted. This probably isn't why they drew a cow in the sand, but the poo poo-themed level of Bad Fur Day does have a long section involving the defecation and violent explosion of a bunch of cows.

Oh no! The charming British narrator waxing poetic about "trousers" in Kirby's Epic Yarn was what made it one of the best games on the Wii. I had no idea folks over in the States got a different version.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
That game was not very good!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh my god, Bottles!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
So my immediate thought upon seeing the level design in this game was that it reminds me of DK64; just kind of large and open for no reason other than to be large and open, as opposed to the more tightly designed levels of Banjo Kazooie or Mario 64, but seeing that the levels interconnect with each other is really interesting. Is this the Dark Souls of 3d platformers?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I've finally been catching up on these videos now that we're out of the holiday season! This game is so impressive. It's hugely ambitious, I have no idea how they even managed to make this for the N64. That they decided to release a sequel to a fairly standard 3d platformer and came out with this instead is incredible. The thing is though it just doesn't look like much fun. Maybe I'm missing the joy of actually exploring these ginormous interconnected spaces myself but compared to the more traditional and tightly designed levels of the first game this just kind of seems dull. It feels more like an RPG than anything, if that makes sense?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

sebzilla posted:

Banjo Kazooie - "fairly standard"?

This is an outrage!

I know you're joking but I would like to put on the record, I love Banjo Kazooie and I think it's a better game than Mario 64!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You know, I actually gave Rare the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe the Minjos were just accidentally named after British slang for a vagina. After seeing "Mingy Jongo" I think I can confidently say they knew what they were doing.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Hamsterlady posted:

Don't forget Gruntilda's sister Mingella.

I'm not going to lie, this game has so little plot I forgot she even had sisters.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Where's my loving money? Guh huh!

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 25, 2020

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm disappointed Wozza never showed up. He was my favourite NPC from the first one!

I'm genuinely happy Bottles is okay at the end, that was truly hosed up just icing him like that.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 28, 2020

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
What's worse, putting Sonic the Hedgehog in a car or Kazooie in a plane?

I was just typing out that I think the graphics, in particularly the racing graphics actually seem alright. Then I got to the trophy screen, hoo boy. Still I'd take this over Grunty's Revenge any day.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 30, 2020

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Wow that last prototype is absurdly cool! It looks amazing and I don't even think the performance was that bad. I feel like any issues people might have had would have been overshadowed by them looking at it and going "holy poo poo look at what they did with a drat gameboy!"

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm excited for Nuts & Bolts since I genuinely have no idea what to expect. I haven't played it, seen it or even read much about it. In my head it's some Kerbal Space Program type thing, but for driving around collecting jiggies?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
tag yourself I'm seductive banjo

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm fully on board, I think the writing's great so far and Mumbo looks god drat adorable!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Glad you're back! I hope your move went smoothly.

Hahaha, it wasn't until you tried to lift off with the chair/trolley that I realised this game runs on the same engine as Sonic '06.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Mission design aside, Logbox 720 is just such an ugly world.