Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Fiendly posted:

If they had made original levels instead of their own versions of existing levels, they would have had something worth existing, even if it wasn't good, but lesser designers (I assume this wasn't made by the exact people behind the main series games) making knock-offs on weaker hardware was guaranteed to fail. Making the perspective truly isometric rather than mostly top-down would have done wonders for the platforming, but otherwise, the mechanics and graphics seemed like a passable vessel for creativity, it's just too bad that creativity never showed up. Also the final boss really harkened back to their Donkey Kong Country final bosses what with the long periods of downtime between small windows of opportunity to do exactly one point of damage and no more. Those things sucked.

The Donkey Kong Country final bosses were shorter, taking around 9-10 hits. This final fight was 2 of those, plus a regular boss in the midddle, plus 2 quizzes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hamsterlady posted:

Part 3: Mayahem Temple

Unga Bunga is my favorite character.

The dialogue when Jamjars describes moves doesn't just rhyme, it fits the music almost perfectly. It needs to be the N64 controls for everything to work though. Also, Jamjars is British because Z rhymes with head/red/etc.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Is there any way to increase the brightness? I don't remember things being that dark when I played.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hamsterlady posted:

I noticed this issue some during the next recording session (which is the next 4ish videos) and plan to try and find a solution before I record any more. There's no in-game brightness settings, but I'm gonna see what I can do with my Xbox and capture device and see if either of them are the weak link (I notice it on my TV too, but it passes through the Elgato so I can't rule it out as the problem without testing without it.)

Luckily the darkness is only a serious issue in a couple of very, very dark areas such as the FPS area in the latest video.

Banjo-Kazooie looked fine, so did anything change in between recording that and this game?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hamsterlady posted:

Part 9: Roysten

This is the final video with poor brightness settings. I'm sorry again for that issue, but it's resolved starting with the next episode!

Did they really have another game planned or did they just make Stop n Swap II up because they needed something for those game paks to give you (because they brought back Stop n Swap I) and decided to go ahead and troll everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hamsterlady posted:

I said this in my Ocarina of Time thread, but I already have plans to stream this in the near future. It's a perfect crossover of my two video LPs, how could I not?

I'll post in here once I've got a date and time set up.

If you ever get to this mod (or anyone else plays it) the game documentation says that the full Bottles tutorial is recommended for first time mod players. DO THE FULL BOTTLES TUTORIAL. I'm not going to give details why to not spoil anything but it's important for several reasons (the author really should've made this more clear in-game).