Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The pinnacle of human acheivement. Man I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The previous Banjo LP thread (by Rooreeloo) had an incredible BK/BT level music techno megamix posted in it, might have to track that down...

I think it was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk2OWJ5y9qs

Spoilers for upcoming rad musical themes, I guess.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

When I was a kid I skipped the majority of Clanker because I was scared of swimming down to the bottom and drowning because grabbing the fishes bubbles was fiddly as heck. Once I realised I had time to go down, swim through the key once and go back up to the surface it made everything better!

e: Huh, a more common thing than I thought then! High five, drowning anxiety buddy!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Personally I found Tooie overwhelming, some of the interplay between levels is cool but unless you know what you're doing (and even if you do) there's a poo poo load of backtracking.

The original has a perfect in-loot eveeything-out level structure and I love it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

E: wrong thread

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Banjo Kazooie - "fairly standard"?

This is an outrage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Beartaco posted:

I know you're joking but I would like to put on the record, I love Banjo Kazooie and I think it's a better game than Mario 64!

Oh, definitely. Mario 64 is a tech demo with a game bolted on. Banjo Kazooie is so much more polished there's no comparison.