Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Chimera-gui posted:

Correction, wasps are just as important as bees if not more so: https://cyanocoraxx.tumblr.com/post/183796177483

THANK YOU (that link doesn't work unless you log in to tumblr which I can't imagine anyone has done this year, but I assume the info is related to their contributions to pollination, their use as environmentally-friendly pest control, and/or their non-aggression towards humans unless threatened)

They're also total sweeties, watch one eat a cookie if you don't believe me
https://twitter.com/gastehowe/status/1179733478553862150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Nice, I was hoping you'd cover the GBA game (I actually assumed it would be the third game in the titular Triloogie, so thoroughly have I blocked out Nuts & Bolts). I remember being pleasantly surprised when I first saw it in the now long dead LP from Rooreeloo's thread, but I might have underestimated how much worse it is to play than to watch or just been grading on a ridiculous curve, should be fun to revisit.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Kirby's Epic Yarn also has a PAL English dub and an NTSC English dub, the former having a narrator with a British accent and some British-isms in the script.

Totally forgot this game featured talking poo poo like it was the Conker's Bad Fur Day crossover no one wanted. This probably isn't why they drew a cow in the sand, but the poo poo-themed level of Bad Fur Day does have a long section involving the defecation and violent explosion of a bunch of cows.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Conker's Bad Fur Day also features Banjo and Kazooie's stuffed and mounted heads, apparently out of some rivalry between the teams that made each game. I guess everyone at Rare resented the people who worked on Banjo-Kazooie for making the studio's best game.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
If they had made original levels instead of their own versions of existing levels, they would have had something worth existing, even if it wasn't good, but lesser designers (I assume this wasn't made by the exact people behind the main series games) making knock-offs on weaker hardware was guaranteed to fail. Making the perspective truly isometric rather than mostly top-down would have done wonders for the platforming, but otherwise, the mechanics and graphics seemed like a passable vessel for creativity, it's just too bad that creativity never showed up. Also the final boss really harkened back to their Donkey Kong Country final bosses what with the long periods of downtime between small windows of opportunity to do exactly one point of damage and no more. Those things sucked.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
So it's the final boss of every DKC game at once, gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I didn't figure out that you were supposed to walk slowly on certain floor textures to avoid disrupting enemies until a later puzzle, so I jumped to a torch on the wall in Unga Bunga's cave, then to the idol from there.