Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme

Chimera-gui posted:

To be fair, I think that was supposed to establish LoG as an unlikable jackass that represents Microsoft given Rare staff weren't too happy with Microsoft's bullshit.

There's establishing LoG as an unlikable jackass, and then there's going out of your way to trash your main characters, taunt folks with what could have been, and then dump them in a new game that probably wasn't what they expected to get when they bought the game.

I only know these games thanks to this LP, and I found the intro to be really patronizing and irritating.

Makes no sense to set up their fans to immediately hate the new game, when it looks like there is a good, fun game underneath it all. That is poor anticipation of how the opening would be received, and a great way to guarantee the game doesn't sell well enough to continue the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

I feel as though investing some time into building a nice flyable helicopter or jetcopter would make traveling through most of the maps much more enjoyable.

This, please. Battletoads is a clunker of a flier, and I cringe watching it careen and slew around wildly.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
How about using one of the mobile wall vehicles? As long as you cut off the jinjo and keep it behind you, you have all the time you need to take the corners at whatever speed you want.

Got to say - the first two games looked fun. This...not so much.