Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The brightness issue seems like it might have to do with RGB levels. If your Elgato's HDMI color range doesn't match up with that of your console, your video will be either washed out or too dark like it is now.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

It's nice to see Nuts & Bolts actually running properly on the Xbox One now. When Rare Replay came out, the 360 backwards compatibility feature on the Xbox One was still in its early stages and kinda rough around the edges, so a lot of games had serious performance issues. Nuts & Bolts wasn't quite the worst offender of the bunch (that would've been Halo Reach) but it was pretty close as the whole thing seemed to run at approximately 20 fps. I bought Rare Replay on release but never tried Nuts & Bolts because of the known performance issues.

Microsoft's BC team has since overhauled their testing process (which was largely automated in those early days) and fixed the issues, so games like Nuts & Bolts play fine now and generally run smoother than they did on original 360 hardware. I should maybe go back and play Nuts & Bolts now, because it looks pretty fun.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Humba's clan, the Hag Dolls, is a reference to the old lady gamer clan, the Frag Dolls, and boy that's the first time I've thought about them for a very long time.
The way you worded that made them sound like a gamer clan consisting of old ladies. :v:

But yeah, I remember Microsoft promoting them on Xbox Live quite a bit around the time Nuts & Bolts came out, so it was at least a pretty timely reference.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 22, 2020