Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Inspired by the second Banjo Pilot video, I sat down and spent far more time than is even remotely sane or reasonable creating this timeline. Things highlighted in blue are the more directly relevant things, but there's more stuff for context.
(Apologies to the guy who did this joke first, I just couldn't resist. I also couldn't find your name. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'm finding it really hard to hear the game's audio some of the time (the intro was the worst).

I can see how people would be pretty pissed by that opening. "Oh, you wanted a new B-K game? Sure, sure, but the format of game that you grew up with and loved just sucks, so play something different" is really insulting. I didn't even play a lot of this kind of game growing up, and I'm still a little ticked at the attitude.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

With all the spikes on that thing, I was hoping you'd name it Axiel, or Redesign, or something.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

If you make another version of that car and don't add "& Knuckles" in some way, I will be disappointed.

Also, as requests go, I'd love if you can make one that looks kinda like an X-Wing, since we're getting wings now.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

azren posted:

If you make another version of that car and don't add "& Knuckles" in some way, I will be disappointed.

YES! :toot:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'd have thought the highest spring jump would be a tiny, lightweight base and 3 or 4 springs, but maybe the physics don't work that way.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Why doesn't Battletoads have the giant fist on it?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Kacie posted:

This, please. Battletoads is a clunker of a flier, and I cringe watching it careen and slew around wildly.

But that's the Battletoads experience! Inefficient, frustrating to interact with, and painful to experience! This is the other reason besides thematic appropriateness that it needs that punching weapon.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I love how roughly 95% of this game is trivialized by the devs forgetting that you can make stuff that flies. Also, Battletoads is an amazing car, and should be a mainstay.

I absolutely understand if you end up abandoning the thread, but I hope you'll continue the LP even if you do, I'm really having fun with it.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Kacie posted:

Got to say - the first two games looked fun. This...not so much.

Yeah, one of the things that I personally feels contributes to that feeling is the overall tone of the games; the first two were very good natured, with some silly sarcasm, but this one just feels a bit too mean spirited in too many ways.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I don't know if you're still accepting vehicle requests, but I'd love to see the 1989 movie version of the Batmobile. The Animated Series version of the Batplane would also be awesome.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Hamsterlady posted:

I will say that you can edit the vehicles in those challenges by hopping out (I've done this a couple times in the videos) and I could make much better ones this way. For some of the missions it's practically required in order to get the trophy.

But the thing is, you can still screw up. You can get stuck on an NPC's car or plow into the four hundred pieces of garbage littered across the floor or fishtail out or just make a mistake. And then you have to restart the challenge and rebuild your vehicle from scratch again. And again. And again. And since that's so exhausting, I kind of try to avoid doing it, so I'm stuck in the subpar vehicles they built for you instead of a mostly adequate vehicle salvaged from its parts.

I think the concept of "you have these limited parts for this mission, build something out of them" actually sounds really fun, though. If there was just a system in place to save your edits to the provided car until you quit the challenge, so you can still quick restart, LOG's Choice missions would be so much better.

Yeah, I think that would be a huge improvement, since the game is kinda trying to sell you on its creative aspect; if it pulls that out from under you, it doesn't really have anything to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Congratulations, Ashley, you've created a monster with that... tray... thing.