Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm trying to remember, do we know there actually are any drat Markovians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

The defector that attacked was apparently part of the Markovians.

"Apparently" being key. Defector didn't even say anything, that was just what the other guys claimed after killing him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lala will never die!

It's nifty that what seemed like a one-off character at first has been looped back into things so much and is now his own wildcard.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Dammit, Jeff, it was a neat costume and all, but why are you not tossing that loving watch the second you get out the door? That drat thing is bugged to hell and you know that eventually Odell is gonna pull some bullshit like making his costume freeze mid-fight to teach him a lesson or something.

"Odell is getting in your head letting you work on the research. He's giving you what you want but on his terms, it's psychological! Fortunately I am immune to that."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I was assuming those were not the standard designations, because I feel like there being all that stuff with metas and Markovians in Freeland would not have gone unnoticed by the protagonists of Earth 1.

Or it being wiped out. I agree it was a simplification.

Earth-1 Odell had a Tobias swagger going on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The segments putting the team together were pretty good, even if it's predictably "everyone on the show who has a name." I'm surprised LaLa isn't tagging along.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tiggum posted:

He seemed to be too well-developed to be a one-episode throwaway character.

I found it interesting how quickly I got a sense of the character without long backstory development. First comes in friendly and Good Cop, then you quickly find out about his power and it makes sense as a character trait rather than an interrogation tactic; he's friendly and confident because with his Push he doesn't need other methods of coercion. Having the physical skills to back it up supports the confidence.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TwoPair posted:

That was fun but ooh there was at least one moment in the Nazi-killin' sequence where you could totally see Gravedigger not even connecting his fake knife with the dude he was supposed to be stabbing and it took me out so bad.

Just after that when he carefully stuck it under a guy's arm before kicking him into a tree, that felt downright charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Odell and Lady Eve are so loving good. :neckbeard:

Oh poo poo the Gravedigger connection.

Can't wait for the finale next week.

There was a new one this week? All the other shows having a break threw me off. I'll have to catch it online.