Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah the kids in cages stuff is hardly subtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hahaha, I completely missed that the reporter Anissa hooked up with was named Jamillah Olsen

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Agent Odell is just spectacular at playing every side against every other side.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yes Lynn, taking brain drugs will work out just fine for you with no repercussions whatsoever.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I still say the Markovians are a false flag.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Nah, they're real. Any time they talk about Markovia, assume they mean a country like Russia since, it's meant to be an Eastern European dictatorship of sorts.

Sure, but do they really feel like the big threat this season? They're so invisible narratively that if we hadn't seen a few Markovians you could just as easily claim Odell is making the whole thing up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hell yeah Henderson.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oooo, based on that ad they just ran Black Lightning's Earth gets wiped out by the Crisis.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is stating the obvious, but Jen's going to burn the ASA to the ground when she learns about Khalil.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lyn, you are a walking bad decision machine.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Also if Odell is "in the hospital" (yeah loving right he is) and Major Hardass McWarcrimes just got barbecued to death by Jeff, who's running the ASA in Freeland now?

Based on the preview Clarence Wiedman maybe?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, they finally addressed the world outside Freeland.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Good job not getting completely thrown when you recognized Khalil Anissa

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to guess that means Jeff won't be in the first two episodes of Crisis

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Can we see Jennifer the Sith lady please?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Earth-2? But that was wiped out weeks ago

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lmao, they just had to do a looooot of work explaining Crisis just there.

Also, according to the actor's twitter Henderson is not returning for season 4.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love that they're having this argument with the voice modulators.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Giving normal people powers like this never ends well Lynn.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

She made a good decision in not trusting Tobias at least.

I was hoping every member of the Pierce family was going to infiltrate the ASA in a different way and they'd all run into each other and wacky hijinks would ensue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If Jeff called in the Superfriends it would amount to a VFX element and maybe some second unit footage filmed in Vancouver of Benoist talking to herself on a green screen. Atlanta and Vancouver are a drat long ways away. And besides, the show's been setting up Jen as one of the most powerful metas on the planet, so they don't really need help punching things anyway.

That being said, once they get Lyn back I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff set up a conference call with Star Labs to sort out the metahuman stabilization thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I hope TC sticks around, he's cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Don't gently caress with Lynn. :laffo:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Why do I get the feeling that the Black Lightning writer's room didn't plan on the multiverse collapsing when they broke the season? Like does that ASA football have Dark Matter metas on file?

Having said that Gravedigger's backstory is perfect for the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love Tobias's hat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Today in television writers do not know how the real world works: judges run a congressional inquiry. Still, it was a nice touch having Black Lightning's creators have cameos.

I'm guessing next season is going to be an X-Men riff with Jefferson running the meta school, while Tobias and Lala fight each other for control of Freeland's underworld. Lyn deals with her addiction, Grace wakes up from her coma, and Wayne Brady shows up at an inopportune moment.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh boy a superhuman registration plot

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Is it just me or is this season incredibly dour?

I'm also curious exactly how much the therapist truly knows about Jeff and Lynn.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Lightning. Definitely didn't see the latter happening even if it will probably be temporary.

Iirc, China Anne McClain said she was only going to be in a reduced number of episodes this season, so that would probably be their explanation for her absence,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Good lord Gambi, stop gaslighting this poor woman.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jeff's been an rear end in a top hat this whole season. Going from the happy, triumphal Jeff at the end of season 3 to broody rear end in a top hat at the start of season 4 has been some major tonal whiplash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The completely computer generated city in this pilot is certainly a choice.