Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
How severe is the temperature drop over time? If you're saying 500 days like it's doable it can't be that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
This (and the presumably upcoming halloween stuff) got me to reinstall TLD, I had a grand time bumbling around Hushed River Valley which I had not even heard of previously.

I'm only on Voyageur so having no plan worked out in large part due to emulating your sticks-and-cattails diligence and also finding a loving gun immediately, both of which allowed my survivorman to wander in circles for a week before I found my way out. I celebrated my escape by shooting a deer and then accidentally eating the raw meat, getting food poisoning instantly.

Now in Milton with my needs met and half health (I thought fighting a wolf on the bridge into town would be fun) what exactly is the right way to do downtime in this game? Do you read books when food is cooking, when you have too much smelly meat to haul around, what? Also, should I worry about the wolf whimpering and fleeing in circles around this house snapping out of it one day and jumping me?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Oof. With a half-dozen more survival questions pending, what was with those sudden condition drops? Bad luck? A slideshow frame?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Ah well, I hope the third time is the charm, or at least cheesed way harder: this has been super educational, and I wouldn't consider reloading out of a frame drop any weaker of a tactic than, say, scaring off a charging wolf with an unlit campfire.

I had no idea there could be goodies inside broken crates, I'd never seen it outside story mode so just assumed it wasn't a thing. My survivor is still hanging around Milton waiting for more hides and saplings or whatever to cure I guess, from watching your game I see I have nowhere near the coal needed for a forge run. Although I've found a half-dozen hatchets and knives and multiple firearms, but no cleaning kits or sharpening stones :iiam:

What exactly does the interloper late-game look like anyways? Just running around in furs with a bow going from zone to zone for whatever respawns? Do animals/fish/saplings ever run out, and after 150 days or so has every food item spoiled? Is it worth it to cross the map tossing every building's loot on the front lawn to make it last a few more months?