Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Every frame a painting

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

Every frame a painting
Good god! :aaa:

Alternatively: Every face a new facet of suffering.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have not watched it but I am glad they have adapted the best part of the manga, that being the goddess's wacky reaction faces

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The manga was fun but very forgettable, but this adaptation loving rules so far. The animation and Ristarte's voice acting is knocking this one out of the park.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Dude Lina Inverse'd the hell out of that village.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that's one thing that you cannot undersell: While he doesn't have the biggest range, Yuichiro Umehara is basically like Yoshitsugu Matsuoka and Natsuki Hanae for Inosuke and Tanjiro in Kimetsu no Yaiba: Perfect casting choice for Seiya.

Ristarte, though? The voice director probably told Aki Toyosaki to go hog wild and it shows because she's basically the reason I keep coming back in. :dance:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This show is incredibly good at piling bigger and bigger versions of its joke on top of each other so far. Like the first two episodes form an almost perfect OVA by themselves. I'm curious to see how it keeps going.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how expressive and stretchy Ristarte is. She rarely has the same expression for more than 1 scene and every single one of them is golden.
Seiya being voiced by the guy who did Goblin Slayer is also great.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Seiya speaks to me on an all too personal level :allears:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The face she makes when ultra scanning him is my favorite so far. Also, Jamie the fruit vendor is on fire!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just an FYI the TUEEE you see in the OP and on the covers is isekai shorthand for 'the protag is overpowered as gently caress'

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
OP should be nothing but a catalog of the best shots from the show.

Also petition to rename to Ristarte Appreciation Thread.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There's like 3 really good faces she makes when Seiya clotheslines her in the smoke bomb and each only lasts like a frame each.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I always laugh at her gross creepy voice when she's ogling his six pack etc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Beasteh posted:

Just an FYI the TUEEE you see in the OP and on the covers is isekai shorthand for 'the protag is overpowered as gently caress'

Well yes the gimmick is that the Hero is OP, but is overly cautious.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

I always laugh at her gross creepy voice when she's ogling his six pack etc.

ooo six pack

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
This was the moment I was sold on this show, but Ristarte's voice was gold from the beginning!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
ok if this has Best Faces this season imma check it out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well, I'm sold. Where watch?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Funimation has the license.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, I'm sold. Where watch?
Funimation in NA and wherever else that's available and Muse Asia for several countries in Asia.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Hulu also has it on simulcast.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ristartes drooly creeper voice has me in stitches every time

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When do new episodes air?

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I use https://www.senpai.moe to keep track of what shows are airing, where and when.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This is great so far, but it's also blatantly obvious that its great only because the anime focuses on Ristarte and her attempts to get the paranoid overpowered rear end in a top hat she summoned to actually do things. I fear that if the show shifts focus more on the hero doing usual isekai things (and there were already hints of it in the second episode), the whole thing will go to poo poo in seconds.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 23, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

sincx posted:

I read spoilers elsewhere and let me tell you things get pretty wacky later on (bad wacky, in my opinion).
Guilty Crown/Valvrave bad wacky or some other bad wacky?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 23, 2021

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Uh...yeah, "bad wacky" is pretty apt description for that spoiler. :psyduck:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah the twist is the universe is a horrifically brutal hellscape and he's actually the perfect level of cautious for the circumstances, the goddess is just a moron. Like ha ha, isn't it wacky how he keeps blasting even the slightest bits of remains left from the monsters, that's so stupid. Literally everyone he knows and loves was brutalized and an entire world was damned because the demon lord regenerated from like half a body in his first summoning, and even if he can't remember he knows in his soul that you don't take chances.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 15, 2019

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mulva posted:

Yeah the twist is the universe is a horrifically brutal hellscape and he's actually the perfect level of cautious for the circumstances, the goddess is just a moron. Like ha ha, isn't it wacky how he keeps blasting even the slightest bits of remains left from the monsters, that's so stupid. Literally everyone he knows and loves was brutalized and an entire world was damned because the demon lord regenerated from like half a body in his first summoning, and even if he can't remember he knows in his soul that you don't take chances.

It's not even a twist. This world's supposed to be an S rank hellscape where even the experienced gods are reluctant to tread. Getting someone who takes it seriously is more of a benefit than a drawback.

Meanwhile, our hero's not even that paranoid.

I mean, he took the flower from the little girl with hardly a pause.

Kazuma could tell him a thing or two about the dangers of trusting small children.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1184108427133497344

not something you want to see for a show that's primary appeal is animation quality

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather be a quality issue than like what happened that prompted the Fire Force delay. :ohdear:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

They're just being caution to not release something that might disappoint.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If this ever gets dubbed to English they should just hire Kazuma and Aqua's VAs for the main characters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A couple other anime are getting week delays too, it's likely just the typhoon disrupting production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sincx posted:

So this is all hearsay, and it may be totally wrong: Apparently, the MC had already been summoned before as a hero, by Aria (Ristarte's senpai). In the MC's previous adventure, the MC fell in love with a local priestess, and got her pregnant. But the MC wasn't careful enough, and the big bad killed the priestess and ripped the baby out (also killing the MC, sending him back to Earth). Aria felt really bad about all of this, so she reincarnated the priestess as Ristarte. And while the present-day MC doesn't remember what happened in the previous adventure, he found a note written by his earlier self telling him to be really really careful, which is why he's really careful. Also the big bad shoved the baby's soul into a robot or something.

I'll keep watching because the anime's good so far, but...
ahahahahahaha