Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That's kinda the premise. He's an overcautious rear end in a top hat.
It kinda reminds me of all the times the great Hero Lina Inverse destroyed entire cities because she got pissed off at some bandits.

You're either going to have to accept that or this show isn't for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, the destruction Seiya causes is part of the comedy for me- if he was just cautious, the show would just be boring. It's the fact that he takes all these precautions, overtrains to the point of absurdity, and somehow makes this hellworld less safe while being an absolute dick- gently caress man, that poo poo's hilarious to me at least. Especially combined with Ristarte trying to get a regular ol' isekai adventure going while making all the faces.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The comedy is the absurdity of his caution. Like dumping holy water on everyone even after the first undead. Or blowing up a church even though it was just as easy to drag the zombie outside and then blow it up.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

His caution seems to be very selective, though, in that it only applies to situations that might endanger him personally. Setting off gigantic magical blasts right next to his allies and bystanders without even warning them is the opposite of cautious, unless he just doesn't give a poo poo about anyone but himself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Or being paranoid about being poisoned when he's not actually in a position to turn the food down either way.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

That's kinda the premise. He's an overcautious rear end in a top hat.
It kinda reminds me of all the times the great Hero Lina Inverse destroyed entire cities because she got pissed off at some bandits.

You're either going to have to accept that or this show isn't for you.

I mean, I kinda already said I'm out. I'm just hanging around in the thread for the Riatarte faces.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Jamie Marchi work as Ristarte has been pretty good, too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suddenly, censored boobs.

Wait what

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

the entire goddess tiddy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So is the anime just continuing regardless of the manga? I've been waiting on new chapters and not seeing much.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RareAcumen posted:

So is the anime just continuing regardless of the manga? I've been waiting on new chapters and not seeing much.

If you're looking at Mangadex, they only have up to chapter 5. This site over here has a few more, but that will only get you as far into the story as the episode that just aired.

The anime and the manga are both based off the light novel, which is based off a web novel, so there's plenty of content left for the show to go through.

Go ahead and read the manga even if you've watched the show. It's really good. I keep getting the feeling from the anime that the jokes had better timing when I read them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

If you're looking at Mangadex, they only have up to chapter 5. This site over here has a few more, but that will only get you as far into the story as the episode that just aired.

The anime and the manga are both based off the light novel, which is based off a web novel, so there's plenty of content left for the show to go through.

Go ahead and read the manga even if you've watched the show. It's really good. I keep getting the feeling from the anime that the jokes had better timing when I read them.

I checked that a while ago and they were only on chapter 7. I totally forgot there was an anime coming out so and I forgot that we're still under 10 parts of the manga made.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rare non-Rista face.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sincx posted:

So this is all hearsay
The finer points are still wtf, but yeah the overall idea was telegraphed from the tea scene with Ristarte and Aria, the fact that Great Swordsman dudeguy was once a human and then became a god, and Granny Goddess saying how much he's grown with a certain sense of familiarity

Ristarte is basically Rae Dawn Chong in Commando and it's awesome.

//i have to admit, I like it when the dude says I Am Perfectly Prepared.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 1, 2019

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FilthyImp posted:

The finer points are still wtf, but yeah the overall idea was telegraphed from the tea scene with Ristarte and Aria, the fact that Great Swordsman dudeguy was once a human and then became a god, and Granny Goddess saying how much he's grown with a certain sense of familiarity

Ristarte is basically Rae Dawn Chong in Commando and it's awesome.

//i have to admit, I like it when the dude says I Am Perfectly Prepared.

Yeah, they've setup all the pins. If I hadn't read the spoiler already I might have appreciated the reveal a lot more.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
That 3D modeled Ristarte in the ending creeps me out! :pwn:

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

ETURNA posted:

That 3D modeled Ristarte in the ending creeps me out! :pwn:

It’s supposed to be the little Ristarte doll dancing, not Ristarte herself I think.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's the Ristaphone, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I get the feeling his catchphrase is supposed to be him telling himself, psyching himself up. "It's ok, you can do this. You don't have to be afraid that everything will go wrong because your boot wasn't tied properly. "

Though I could be wrong.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 23, 2021

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Oh hey, a conflict that would actually challenge Seiya's belief system: is tossing an innocent person under the bus worth the extra security of an ultimate weapon? I get the feeling they'll dodge around the question anyway (the ultimate weapon actually sucks compared to Seiya's stuff or he never intended to sacrifice her) but its neat to see the show explore its own assumptions instead of relying on their one gag.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Something I didn't notice at first, but I like how the opening slightly changes depending on how far we're in.
Like the first 2 badguys are now shown in full and the goddesses do this little cheer dance now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Oh hey, a conflict that would actually challenge Seiya's belief system: is tossing an innocent person under the bus worth the extra security of an ultimate weapon? I get the feeling they'll dodge around the question anyway (the ultimate weapon actually sucks compared to Seiya's stuff or he never intended to sacrifice her) but its neat to see the show explore its own assumptions instead of relying on their one gag.

Yeah, Seiya's gonna give her a 1-Up and then chop her head off himself.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mulderman posted:

Something I didn't notice at first, but I like how the opening slightly changes depending on how far we're in.
Like the first 2 badguys are now shown in full and the goddesses do this little cheer dance now.
Some terrible show (Oreimo?) did a joke about varying the EDs so that completionist crazies would buy multiple drama cds and there would be more engagement for watchers and it's like yeah that's exactly what's going on nowadays.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

:stonklol:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I wasn't expecting him to rules lawyer around dealing the the whole prophecy like that. But, it not actually being the legendary sword does kinda explain things.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why isn't there a god of PATRIOT surface to air missels?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why isn't there a god of PATRIOT surface to air missels?

God/goddess 1: "We got another S+ rank world."
God/goddess 2: "Who is choosing the hero for it this time?"
God 1: "Benellus, god of shotguns."
God 2: "Oh no, not again."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLX3csoO7w

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Doom Slayer would make a pretty fun Isekai Protagonist. Glory Kills are his cheat power.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Doom is already an isekai but from the bad guy's point of view

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 23, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well that escalated real quick.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I gotta say, I thought the first boss was gonna be a one-off, this anime/manga is way hornier than I was expecting.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RareAcumen posted:

I gotta say, I thought the first boss was gonna be a one-off, this anime/manga is way hornier than I was expecting.
Everyone wants to gently caress Seiya is kind of funny. But mostly for Ristarte's reactions.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

RareAcumen posted:

The hero's Harem stat is also overpowered, but he's too cautious about STDs to touch them.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Probably one of the more amusing "twists" on the typical Artemis character in a good while---that they so knowingly revel in their own over the top approach and eventual delivery clinches it every time.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Ristarte's seiyu really carries this show. Without her it would be a much more generic show.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Her exasperated tone really makes it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I feel like the low-budget animation lends to the goofy comedy as well in the same way it did for Konosuba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Everyone wants to gently caress Seiya is kind of funny. But mostly for Ristarte's reactions.

Yeah, Ristarte and Adenela's positive downward spirals are fine, this one just caught me off guard honestly.

As did Seiya not firing off so many arrows that it turned them into a wall of pierce damage that blots out the ground.

Also, I'm totally expecting Seiya to take the armor regardless and use it for synthesis.