Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Agronox posted:

hoping for More Ochako Content

Should be the real subtitle of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Speaking of which, how important is the movie in the timeline of the show? I haven't seen it and have no idea if it's required viewing or not.

It's a fun movie, but pretty much everything in it is set up in the movie, played out in the movie and resolved in the movie. Maybe some character could be brought over later, but the plot is very self-contained.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I admit I wasn't expecting Deku's costume to be 'Bunny Meets Kick-rear end.'

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Just as warning/FYI to anime only folks: From what I've seen of the trailers, Heroes Rising, the upcoming movie, will have quite a few spoilers for the manga up to and including the most recent story arc.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Anime-only fans are going to be spoiled by the second movie, since it apparently takes place further down the timeline than Season 4 and incorporates elements from Hori's originally-planned ending for the series

Wonder what that's gonna do to sales

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The new intro song is pretty decent.
Edit: For a filler episode I think this was noticably better than the season 3 poolside episode. At least it's focused on the main point of the show.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 12, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I liked camera dude.
It's weird as hell that UA would just allow some guy to go around filming poo poo though.

New OP is fine, but not as good as the first 2 seasons.
The ending is great though.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 12, 2019

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad that they are continuing the tradition of abusing mineta anytime he gets too pervy.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
episode was good, and I appreciated 1-A being goofballs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
As far as filler episodes go, this was a good one.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
If you're gonna have a clip episode, that's the way to do it, I guess. Camera man was wholesome. I wish they'd go with an edgier song for an OP just once, I like most of them but they're all just so poppy and light, this one especially so.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The principal is the traitor, just letting strange reporters go wherever they want.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

oh jay posted:

The principal is the traitor, just letting strange reporters go wherever they want.
The Principal demands sacrifices.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
It might've been filler but I really liked how they used the reporter to show just how important All Might was. Cheering crowds and being told that he's the Symbol of Peace is one thing, but hearing how he saved that guy's dad when he was a kid and thinking about just how many people must have similar stories does a far better job of selling how big those shoes are for Deku to fill.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh jay posted:

Jerry Jewell-voiced characters are not to be trusted.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I. M. Gei posted:

Jerry Jewell-voiced characters are not to be trusted.
https://twitter.com/VAJerryJewell/status/1097310286325923841

:hai:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Fantastic episode as far as recaps go. It did a great job reintroducing us to the world and it's characters, and setting the tone for the rest of the season.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The new OP has a great song but feels weirdly disjointed and unfinished in the visuals IMO, which is a little disappointing. New ED loving owns tho.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiritus Nox posted:

The new OP has a great song but feels weirdly disjointed and unfinished in the visuals IMO, which is a little disappointing. New ED loving owns tho.

OP felt like it was aping one of the older ones a lot. Also, in both OP and ED, much concentrating on a character we’ve not yet been introduced to.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
tbh I've never liked MHA's openings and endings. They've never felt hype or meaningful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like Peace Sign a lot but MHA has never had a great OP

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Weird, Odd Future loving slaps and always got me hype.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, there have been some really good ones, but none of them have felt like....iconic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Can they hire studio Pierrot to do the ops and have Bones do everything else still

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That works. They cram out amazing openings. Shame the test is so utterly mediocre.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I mean, Bones has put out some of the best, most iconic openings ever, too. Like almost every FMA and FMA:B opening?

Honestly the weirdest thing is just the music choice. Feels like they animate these things first and are just given whatever pop rock song is newest at the time the show comes out and they just make it work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is now a thread for ranking your favorite Brohood opening I'll start it's Golden Time Lover and all other options are wrong thank you

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arist posted:

This is now a thread for ranking your favorite Brohood opening I'll start it's Golden Time Lover and all other options are wrong thank you
Sorry, "Again" it's still the OP for me. Still good after 10 years.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Golden Time Lover has the better song but the visuals of Period are more amazing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love that every OP for this show is somehow a void, I can't remember a single one.

anyway Again is my fav FMAB OP, but none are bad. The bit of Gluttony landing on the vent Ed and Envy are on still impresses me today. And the bit of Lust coming out of Envy's mouth still confuses me

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'm a little confused, was Saturday a recap episode? Or new stuff that's just kind of filler-ish?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

HellCopter posted:

I'm a little confused, was Saturday a recap episode? Or new stuff that's just kind of filler-ish?
Recap episode done as filler material. Actual canon stuff starts this week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cameras coming from everywhere was a legit disturbing image.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

taking pictures with my butt

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Brings new meaning to the term "dick pic".

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cameras from anywhere, you say?

Traitors, you say?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Quirk: upskirting

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Seems like Gynecology would've been a good second choice for a career

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

an actual dog posted:

Oda would have had him print them with his butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

That seems like something Bender B. Rodriguez might have some use for.