Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiritus Nox posted:

The new OP has a great song but feels weirdly disjointed and unfinished in the visuals IMO, which is a little disappointing. New ED loving owns tho.

OP felt like it was aping one of the older ones a lot. Also, in both OP and ED, much concentrating on a character we’ve not yet been introduced to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cameras coming from everywhere was a legit disturbing image.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Quirk: upskirting

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ll take more of anyone else in the class over Bakugo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Being an angry rear end in a top hat all the time isn’t a interesting personality.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Honestly, just having him calm down a little would improve him in my eyes. Being around someone that angry all the time, and the really lovely way he treats people is extremely offputting.

It’s really weird the way the teachers seem to put up with it, especially Aizawa who doesn’t seem the type to stand for that sort of behaviour at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blimey, that’s rough. We already started with a filler/recap episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

a kitten posted:

Now I want Miles and Deku to hang out

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“For 10 years now, I have been the one and only user of One for All...”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The show mostly ignores her anyway, why should this episode be different?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like Ojiro, he’s a legitimately decent dude. His quirk is far less showy than anyone else’s, but he’s not beating himself up about it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ijyt posted:

Apparently if Kaminari and Ojiro are in the same room, the tail fluff must be played with.

That was goddamn adorable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope when they grow up, they work towards a healthier relationship.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s interesting that 3 different superhero tv series have had power-swapping/stealing villains (MHA, Heroes, and Misfits).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Mimic sort of beat her to it, though he just copied rather than stole. Same for Amazo, who debuted in 1960

if there's someone who straight up took powers away from others for their own use prior to Rogue I'm drawing a blank

Probably because the stealable power set at that point wasn’t that massive?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love the scenes where it shows off how loving proud All Might is of Midoriya. :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought they’d mentioned at some point that OFA couldn’t be passed on to someone who already had a quirk?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god, what if Tsu’s quirk is actually the same as Suneater’s? :byodood:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Is he the first black character to appear on the show? I love his design, but something tells me that brotha is not long for this world.

Flat out yes, but you could make a sideways case for Rikido Sato/Sugarman.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My biggest mystery is what Ectoplasm looks like under his costume. Does he have arms? Feet?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wahad posted:

At some point (I think during the Froppy/Tokoyami vs him fight) you can see he has like, peglegs. Dunno if he's an actual amputee or if that's part of the costume tho.

Rhonne posted:

According to his character profile, he lost his legs on a mission, but kept doing hero work with prosthetics. He also likes karaoke.

Yeah, I noticed the peglegs during his big episode. Interesting they’re prosthetics. Also that real mouth is nightmare fuel. :stonk:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hero: Rock Lock
Quirk: Breaking Newton’s First Law

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m still waiting for Chekhov’s Swordfish to come into play.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

All Might is, to put it bluntly, a muscle-head. He was already buff when he recieved the power, and he isn't one to think things that much. Even in his current state he puts focus in training himself. He's pretty much the perfect person for a power that boils down to "punch really hard". It's no surprise he had no issues with it.

Except that’s not true. Earlier this season, it was pointed out that All Might is very smart. Not as much as Nighteye, but it was clearly stated All Might is not a slouch there either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I do appreciate the show reminding you every now and again that these are kids, and kids are dumb on occasion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Heroes Rising will hit US cinemas in February! :toot:

Downside: it’s set post Season FIVE. :stare:

https://twitter.com/funimation/status/1206620160972509184

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Good episode.

https://twitter.com/holyyurimother/status/1211107687305363459

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

(Having not watched the latest episode, for all I know the preview could have shown exactly that...?)

You should watch the latest episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope Eri will at least be able to fix colostomy bag All Might.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kurogiri just wants to run his bar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spinner, whose quirk we still don’t know, and the show seems to delight in skirting around giving any insight to what it might be.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Both the new opening and ending bits are lovely. :3:

Edit: found this tumblr post.

quote:

BNHA AU where everything is the same except that Deku has been given a water spray so every time Bakugo starts yelling for no reason or be an rear end in a top hat in general he can just

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 25, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“Oh noooo, all this rare merch is going to be thrown away. I’ll take it off your hands...”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It strikes me some of the quirks, such as Toga’s are really esoteric and circumstance-based. How do you even find out you have them?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hate Mineta’s outfit so much. Why is he in a giant diaper?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Augus posted:

Things I said

Also true.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Kamanari appears to be his only classmate who even likes the guy.

And Kaminari likes everyone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What is the year in MHA anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/todobaku__/status/1226071594180599809