Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Agronox posted:

hoping for More Ochako Content

Should be the real subtitle of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arist posted:

"Having to plan around his psychology to rescue him" is an example of the kind of validation of his ego that I'm decrying. The characters bend over backwards so that he doesn't have to change. That was the entire resolution of his final exam against All Might with Deku: Deku resolved to spend even more time catering to his tantrums.

Yeah, Bakugou really comes out a winner. He loving breaks down because he thinks he killed All Might. No worries people, Bakugou hasn't changed at all!!!!

EDIT: The idea that a literal life or death situation should have been the best time to rub Bakugou's face in poo poo is a bizarre idea. It was a rescue situation where a bunch of amateurs looked at all sides of a crazy intense hostage situation and loving NAILED IT. Giving any credit to Bakugou in that situation is silly anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm assuming Aizawa was very similar at his age

I would love to see a hot headed Aizawa.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Doesn't help that things haven't popped off yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy poo poo the anime is going to match the weekly pace of the manga for this arc

Brave

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait for Kansai adventures motherfuckerssssss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kung Food posted:

Would be interesting if there is some hidden big bad trying to institute a human instrumentality like result though quirks.

Any villain who wants to turn the BHA universe into goo should be thrown in a toilet and bullied mercilessly.

It's 2019. No more Gendos. That's the rules, god darn it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mina is going to rid the world of All for One, for good.

He'll dance himself to dust

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mirio enters the series strong, makes a debatable misstep shortly after, and roars back with a vengeance in this episode. If you wondered why Nighteye saw the future in Mirio, this episode is all the proof you need. Dude rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chiasaur11 posted:

Wasn't Deku yanking jagged chunks of rock out of his arm this last episode?

I might just be conflating some other injuries, but I think he had a rock jammed into his arm.

Goku got squished and stomped and blasted and all sorts of stuff, but for whatever reason pushing the kaioken too far was pain he couldn't initially get past

One for All follows the Goku rule

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe Nighteye sucks hard so his word should be thrown in the garbage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordaedil posted:

What is with this weird hate for Nighteye?

Because he's a big butt and he takes up more screentime being a big butt while the girls are actually doing work and not being huge butts about it but getting nothing for it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Dumb spoiler crap

What is wrong with you

History has to stop repeating itself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe Eri is all for one

Yeah everybody I've cracked the code, it all adds up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Shigaraki was a petulant baby who kept making gaming references and came off like a pathetic loser who nobody respected. But this time around his strategy was basically to trust and respect his team and have them in the perfect position to accomplish his plans. And it worked perfectly.

The power of friendship is a strong tool.

The gaming references were funny because Overhaul wanted real bad to dunk on Shigaraki and thought that was the best way to do it

"look scrub, you can't even checkers correctly, join me and lemme show you what kinda brains and plans I can make up"

And Shigaraki shoves the game board down his throat at the end. I do not like Shigaraki but I really enjoyed his win in this arc.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also let's not forget public perception. Losing Nighteye? All Might's old sidekick, especially so soon after All Might retired? LoV got a win with huge ramifications for the future of the society they despise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mineta is a grape underdog story

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nephthys posted:

Honestly, even though the series tries to act as if Bakugo is a serious rival to Deku who seemingly has the edge right now.... he kind of isn't. Deku has accomplished so many more feats of heroism than him and IMO if you put Bakugo into the majority of Deku's big moments he'd fail to replicate them.

Bakugo would have tried something stupid and died in the mall, he wouldn't impress Stain and would get killed, Muscular would have destroyed him and Overhaul would destroy him and escape with Eri. Theres a reason he's in supplemental courses atm. Bakugo is one of the shittiest heroes in the class.

Bakugou is at the top of the class and the only thing holding him back at all is how he carries himself. That's the only thing. Deku pushed himself past his known limit the last time they fought and Bakugou was prepared to adjust for that. The kid is absolutely bonkers.

Yeah he's in this supplemental class, but he's only in it due to how he handled the rescue test, the same test that had the "victims" comment that Bakugou immediately recognized the more serious injuries from the less so, but screwed up by being an asshead.

It's fair to argue he'd struggle against Overhaul, but so did literally everyone except Lemillion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but his only way to win would be to knock him out in one go; overhaul's ability to "heal" himself would draw things out, I imagine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a shonen series so guns work only when the story demands it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

Needing to overexplain and overconnect everything is what ruined the Star Wars prequels,

and naruto
and bleach
and most shonen series, really

Hell, I still don't like Yusuke's dad reveal in Yu Yu Hakusho. Stop being related to people, everyone. Thanks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku's father is All Might

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Look, it's loving weird as hell and we all know it, but bear with us, anime viewers.

It'll be okay! or will it??????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Flesnolk posted:

Goons go "lol you're a loser projecting" any time they see someone criticise something and it's really tiresome.

I'm sorry you want to beat up a fictional dead dude so much

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gentle rules

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmmmmm.

Nah, Gentle rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shere posted:

This chapter was so rough in the manga when it first came out because Horikoshi basically had to finish two chapters in the span of like ten days, as I recall. But even when the rest of the chapter was sketchy and unfinished, the page that matters most gets me every time.

The anime nailed it.

It stabbed me square in the heart, and I knew it was coming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Other peeps have already said it, but yeah--just wait and see! It's got some digging left to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku...fucks...