Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Did some of the league get captured during season 3? I didn't see Dabi, Kurogiri or the lizard guy in this episode.

Just kurogiri of those 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SolarFire2 posted:

Laws or not, it's just weird that someone would be like, "Hmm, you show clear signs of abuse and this person is obviously causing you distress.. Whatever, run along now."

Yeah and think about what All Might would do and what Mirio did and Nighteye saying that's the better choice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It can be passed on to people with Quirks. Its just All Might and Deku were quirkless

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pretty much. No one including his mother believed he could be a hero.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

In fairness, Deku's also missing a few billion dollars for that route.

He kidnaps Momo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

This episode confused me as to how Eraserhead's quirk works. I thought he had to be looking at them for it to work and stopped working the second he looked away or blinked but Larceny still couldn't use his quirk even after Eraserhead left the room.

That was because what he was trying to steal was too big I believe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah what we saw was specifically him trying to out punch All Might bc he loves to be poetic like that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The best episode of the season

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

The funi app doesn't have the dub up for this episode, is it a holiday thing? Not sure when it will pop up.

Next week. It's on holiday break.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It'd presumably die bc Eraserhead's quirk works on him

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nephthys posted:

It's kind of funny that Nighteye somehow saw Deku lose this fight considering what an absolute murder-stomp it turned out to be. Vengeful God Deku is the scariest thing in the show so far.

I assume Nighteye couldn't see the 100% form or didn't see him calling Eri's quirk a blessing and exploiting his invulnerability.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah it's Eri or OFA like when he broke the mind control during the sports fest.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I like when Deku kicked that motherfucker into orbit.

Are you Toga?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

If he eats beef it'll only be for horns or hooves.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

Do we have a name for the track that plays when Nighteye is talking about what he foresaw, as Chisaki powers up and Midoriya and Eri are in the air?

spoiler tags just in case, I don't think they're needed but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odTUt_CPLIU

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSVeuMTMfk

or this one?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The kitty cat sweaters in the OP!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fartbox posted:

I don't even remember what Stains motives were I just remember he was a serial killer

He wanted heroes to be a hero as a hobby.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It'd make more sense if Eri fixes Overhaul of her own volition so he can fix her grandpa.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I'm kinda surprised they cut Bakugou recalling he overheard Shoto's backstory.

it was a tiny panel in the bottom of a page

e:

https://i.imgur.com/j7psJ6i.png if anyone wants to see it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Deku's dad is overseas somewhere as a businessman according to an omake (In Vol 11 so during the OFA vs All Might battle.)

Kild fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 4, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

sometimes when a character is a nobody they can just be a nobody. deku's second cousin once removed does not need to secretly be overhaul or whatever, just because we can assume that a character exists doesn't mean that character has any greater significance than what we already know

i don't think that theory really adds anything to the story as presented, without going off into some wild fan fiction territory, either.

also don't we already know that deku's dad is some dude that can breathe fire or some poo poo

Well if he wasn't gonna show up he'd just be dead or something. If he was a nobody he'd just be like Bakugo's dad. And he said at SDCC in 2018 that he'll show up eventually.

Imo the best deku dad theory is he's secretly the lunchguy.

quote:

Midoriya Hisashi

Missing in Action, face unrevealed
Quirk: Firebreathing

Lunch Rush

Name unrevealed, face unrevealed
Quirk: Unknown. Apparently really good at cooking.

So uh, see that contraption that’s attached to Lunch Rush’s face? What if it’s some kind of mechanism, that, I dunno, COLLECTS HIS FIRE BREATH so he has a portable Oven attached to him so he can cook anywhere!!!!!!!!

Maybe Hisashi learned from Inko how to cook really, really well. Maybe Izuku doesn’t know his dad works for UA. Maybe all he knows is that his dad works as a Chef for some fancy restaurant. Maybe there is a reason why Hisashi’s keeping his Lunch Rush identity a secret. Maybe Hisashi is just so busy with his Lunch Rush shenanigans at UA so that’s why we rarely see him at home.

Kild fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 4, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

and naruto
and bleach
and most shonen series, really

Hell, I still don't like Yusuke's dad reveal in Yu Yu Hakusho. Stop being related to people, everyone. Thanks.

That wasn't his actual dad. Just an ancestor.

Vinylshadow posted:

I like it when parents are just average everyday people who are proud of their Protagonist child and love and support them and aren't killed for cheap drama or raised stakes

Mito-san will not die and is very proud of her dumb idiot son.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

All For One being Deku's dad would be the dumbest poo poo. Dude is like ninety years old.

There's nothing in the story that textually supports it, no important thematic element it would get across. It's just fans wanting to "outsmart" the story because the most important thing is proving You Called It online.

ah his parents dont matter... but his grandparent...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Me too. Even the villain is fun and quirky!

Also, Eri in normal clothes is adorable.

Now this can finally be revealed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lunar detritus posted:

I mean, he forgot he had legs that one time.

Have you ever seen All Might do a kick? Of course Deku forgot!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It helped that the generally pointless Kirishima flashback was only like 10 minutes and not 2 weeks.

it was required for this current arc to establish mina as a sick dancer???

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The future changed when Eri jumped into his arms.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A good episode.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the guy who helped deku make candy apples for eri??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I especially liked the fact that Yuuichi Nakamura seems like such a no-brainer of a casting choice that he's like a natural fit for voicing Hawks. :)

Mumen Rider is cool and good and hopefully my friend.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of, I hope they do a midterm or end of school year re-eval of the test from the first day showing off their progress in speed, throwing etc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Well that's a different thing. Like, he is clearly overworking himself but his body can handle that. His body got wrecked by fighting somebody nobody else in existence could even threaten.

It's the psychological or emotional damage that I'm more interested in but which the show doesn't talk much about. Like, does All Might have any sort of personal life? Friends or loved ones? Even before his body got wrecked, what was his non-Hero life like?

Vigilantes answers that somewhat.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

The interaction between Deku and Bakugo at the start of the show is completely the opposite to how Deku behaves as a hero and I still cant tie the Hero Deku personality to the downtrodden scared of Bakugo even looking at him version. Its like they're different characters.

Ya one is a powerless dweeb bullied everyday and the other has the strongest quirk surrounded by people who support him. Deku getting OFA and seeing his classmates and teachers dunk on Bakugo let him be more comfortable with himself and actually do his dream.

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwUenaQqlM

this is the fanservice I want. This and Mina breakdancing and deep dope shirts.