Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

MHA has no filler. :colbert: Except for the seasonal clip show first episode but that hardly counts.

I seem to recall them doing a few anime exclusive episodes here and there but they were all fairly decent for the most part, that’s one advantage to them adapting this as multiple seasons as opposed to one big, continuous series I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tsuyu needs more focus honestly. There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot to her (she’s blunt but competent and is a human frog) but there’s still something I like about her character regardless.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

As far as I remember, she hasn't really gotten any major focus since the whole apology scene.

She also got her own anime exclusive episode back in I think Season 2 but yeah, the apology scene seems to be her last major appearance thus far.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 14, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Which, since we're here in the ANIME thread really shouldn't be talked about. There's a fully functional manga thread. Go talk about what happens in stories that haven't been seen by us Anime watchers over there. That's what it's for. Even vague poo poo like "*stuff*" isn't helpful warnings. It's spoilers. Please do it somewhere else. :colbert:

Fair enough, fixed.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 15, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

If you haven't read Vigilantes then now is the time to do so. The initial 6 or so chapters are kind of rough but it gets a lot better very quickly.

Vigilantes needs an anime adaptation honestly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That brings up a question actually, would it even be possible to pass One For All onto someone who already has a Quirk?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Yep! Otherwise most of the past users wouldn't have gotten it.

Ah, couldn’t remember if any of the past users already had Quirks of their own before receiving the power.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Power enhancing drugs? Gigantified villain battles? Fatgum's past busting of drug dealers? For all this and more, read My Hero Academia: Vigilantes!

It’s been said before but Vigilantes really needs an anime adaptation at some point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet, does Spinner still yell GRAND THEFT AUTO! during the chase?

Not that I could tell, no.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, is Jiro’s actress actually fluent in English or did someone else do the singing there?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any idea who voices Gentle in the dub?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I just assumed that she was a kid who ran away from home to team up with her idol. That makes more sense then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice episode, though was that actually Jiro’s VA doing the singing?

Also out of curiosity, why was the song in English?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 21, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s Jiro’s song if anyone’s interested:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tdkKXlTtsZc

Assuming that was actually her singing that was pretty coherent honestly, I wonder if her actress is bilingual.

I’m also kind of curious if they’re even going to bother re-recording this in the dub (does Trina Nishimura even have any singing experience?)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So out of curiosity, did Chrissy Costanza also provide Jiro’s singing voice a few episodes back as well?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 22, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh, I thought the last episode would be the finale. Okay then! Some new characters, a new baddie. Okie doke.

I think we’ve got one more episode after this if I remember right (though last week’s would have made for a perfectly good stopping point).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 28, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm kind of surprised they're doing High End in pretty much just one episode.

It’s possible they could end on some kind of cliffhanger but it’s been a while since I read this particular arc so I’m not sure what a good stopping point would be.

Like I said, it might have been better if they had just stopped after the Gentle arc and left this for Season 5 where they’d have more time to work with it but we’ll see how things go.

Also Mirko sounded somewhat familiar to me, any idea who voices her?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They haven’t announced a start date for season 5 yet have they?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nephthys posted:

This is the anime thread.

And that’s not a real spoiler.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well the season’s already over in Japan so it wouldn’t exactly be a “simuldub” anymore but still cool nonetheless.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, a new OVA came out not too long ago.

https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/wiki/My_Hero_Academia_-_Make_It!_Do-or-Die_Survival_Training

It’s on Crunchyroll currently.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technowolf posted:

I'm just wondering if we'll ever get the second movie through streaming.

Is it still not up on Crunchyroll or any other official source yet (I know you can find it on a few unofficial ones)?

A sub/dub has existed for it for a while at least.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

e: nevermind lol

wonder when in 2021 we're getting the new season... or if. It seems more and more of the stuff we previously were getting next year is getting pushed back further these days. I also gotta read vigilantes one of these days, where in the story does it start/continue into? I'm kind of just fine waiting for the anime to continue the story and I don't want to pick up the manga itself for the main series yet.

It takes place a few years before the start of the series and doesn't really effect anything in the main manga. Read it, it's good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

If anything its a sign of them all growing as characters, its a slow process and they all have there moments eventually.

(Except Mina, who is just constantly rad)

I think a lot of the comparisons to bleach come from the great character designs and unique personalities of the large side cast, except unlike bleach it actually goes somewhere with it.

I forget, did Asui ever get hers?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

surf rock posted:

Extremely promising

I hope it shows her family and they're also frogs

They are (literally in her dad’s case). However, they don’t actually appear in the series itself but rather a separate special (I forget the name of it though).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

Tsuyu has siblings, she's the oldest of three I believe. Everyone else in her family is also very froggy :3:

I kind of want to see more of Tsuyu’s family honestly (even the manga hasn’t touched on them at all aside from a little bonus chapter the OVA in question was somewhat based on), especially her giant toad dad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

I could have sworn they showed up in the main anime at some point but I checked and I guess they don't? I haven't seen the OVAs so I have no idea where I saw the frog family. At any rate, they look like this! Spoilered just in case.

Nope, the OVA was literally their only appearance in the series as of now (as far as I remember anyway).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 5, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

Aaaaa I love their designs - especially the youngest, who gives off tadpole vibes. I really need to get around to watching the OVAs.

They don’t appear for very long and I think only her siblings get lines but yeah, those are some nice designs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And now you’re caught up with the rest of the thread unless you want to start reading the manga.

Also I forget, when does Season 5 start up again?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, fun fact: the song is entirely in English even in the Japanese version (not sure why though but it was good). An American singer named Chrissy Costanza provided Jiro’s singing voice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrissy_Costanza

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66E7MpTGygs

You can't tell me all might didn't gently caress up enormously making midoriya his successor rather than lemillion lol

Is that a bigger thing in the manga or no

No it all pretty much goes down exactly the same in the manga as I recall.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Yep. And then he made up for it in the base. Mirio is a genuine hero, but he didn't have that last spark.

Yeah, he also later deeply regretted his decision in the alleyway and fought like hell to make up for it during the actual mission. That’s why I can’t really hold it against him that much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

MHA in general is a show where like 70% of the characters i wish i got to see more of. just comes from having a large cast i guess

Kind of a shame too, Aoi Yuki is wasted on this series in my opinion.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any word on whether they’re doing a simuldub again or will the English version be released later?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, while it was mainly a re-introduction episode that didn’t really advance the story they technically didn’t open with a recap this time around. Neat.

Also should we make a Season 5 thread or just rename this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm not seeing a dub available on the funi app, so I'm guessing it'll be delayed again like last year.

Yeah, I don’t think they’re doing a simuldub this time around. It’ll probably be released later on