Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Does anyone have a theory why Tsuyu is so popular in America, especially when compared to her fairly middling reception in Japan? As an American, I assumed she was a main character before I saw the show, because there was so much discussion and fan art of her. If I had to guess, maybe it's her straightforwardness and somewhat awkward personality, which seems more common in American media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

The thing with Tsuyu for me is I initially thought there would be a love triangle between her, Deku, and Uraraka. Tsuyu and Deku are both nerdy and highly observant but kind individuals that were social outcasts for their Quirk (or lack there of). I was kind of disappointed there wasn't more between them. That said, I changed my position as Uraraka and Deku's relationship evolved, as Deku is a good good boy, and I like Uraraka being the initiator in the relationship.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I liked Bakugo a lot more when I realized he was just Iruki Hanazawa from Mob Psycho 100 that hasn't properly got his poo poo kicked in. He wants to be the best because he's always been told he's special, and he doesn't have an identity outside of that. That's why he actually tries and gets good grades instead of just coasting on his assumed greatness and natural talent. Still not a good person, but an interesting character.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

That does confuse me, because All Might said that One For All was created when the quirk-to-give-others-your-quirk and the energy-storage quirk mixed. Did One for All get the other quirks from the other people too?
Edit: but yeah, All Might's mentor did think it was weird to give it to him because he was quirkless, but liked his idea of a Symbol of Peace.