Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

PMush Perfect posted:

MHA has no filler. :colbert: Except for the seasonal clip show first episode but that hardly counts.

Speaking of which, just a reminder to people that the first episode of this season is going to be a recap episode with some filler in between(the premise is some reporter interviewing class 1-A)

So if you're not into that, you can just skip this week and miss nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This poster is way better than the other one they put out a while ago:

My
R
EMIA

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Do we have an over under on how many pages it will take for someone to not read the thread title and post like this is the manga thread? My money is on "before the end of page 2."

We didn't put anime in the title enough!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brings new meaning to the term "dick pic".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

e: No spoilers, please. :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When do we get our "Into The Deku-verse" movie!?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

his costume and shoot style say "rabbit" but horikoshi also drew him as a sheep a couple of times

Sheep Deku has seen some poo poo:

Also don't like the way Todocat is eyeing Froppy there.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dabi doesn't do the whole "hang out with the team" thing. He's kind of a prick.

Also him being there probably would have tipped that fight more in the League's favor. Same with Kurogiri.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku thinks everyone is more amazing than himself because he has low self-esteem.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I want to see how all for one does quirk transfers. It clearly isn't some instant thing he can do by like, just touching someone, as presumably if it was he's have just taken one for all

The nomus were in weird vats but I dunno if that's purely part of the nomu-making process or if it's related to the quirk transfering at all

One For All can't be taken by force. It's the one quirk All For One can't steal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Apparently it's because the Rugby World Cub is going to be on in their usual timeslot.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SolarFire2 posted:

If only one of them could phase through walls..

That really wouldn't help Deku much, especially since he doesn't know what Overhaul's quirk is yet.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fatgum is also very good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Horikoshi said in an interview once that Hagakure was one of the prettiest girls in the school, you just couldn't tell because she's invisible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sometimes people can shoot fire out of their hands, sometimes they can just turn water into vinegar. Quirks are weird that way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This is the anime thread.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The official word right now is that his dad "works overseas", but Deku also never talks or thinks about his dad in any way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

You could probably do a fun little riff in the idea of bakugou and deku's situations being reversed, where Deku had his parents quirks combine into Basically Firebdnding and he's a cheerful hero prodigy for whom everything comes naturally, and Bakugou is the quirkless one who is pissed off all the time and spent his entire youth physically conditioning himself to be a quirkless hero before meeting All Might.

That Deku idea reminds me that an early concept for Bakugou would be that he was a super nice guy who would inadvertently insult people while trying to help.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wahad posted:

At some point (I think during the Froppy/Tokoyami vs him fight) you can see he has like, peglegs. Dunno if he's an actual amputee or if that's part of the costume tho.

According to his character profile, he lost his legs on a mission, but kept doing hero work with prosthetics. He also likes karaoke.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

when does Vigilantes take place, I've been interested in checking it out but I kind of want to stay show only for the main story and don't want to spoil it for myself

It's set an unspecified number of years before the main series, but it does have characters from the main series show up occasionally(Fatgum is a reoccurring character and Eraserhead had a whole arc going into his backstory in it). It's also the first place where that quirk enhancing drug we saw in the Kirishima episode originated from.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It was mostly just setup for the raid with some good bits thrown in(Iida and Todoroki trying to cheer up Deku at lunch, the part with the magical girl toy, and Ryuko showing off her dragon form). Now that the raid has finally started, it's going to be nonstop action for awhile.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 1, 2019

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku's tie is properly tied, not canon!

Uraraka looks great though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ijyt posted:

Reservoir Dogs is a weird crossover.

We already saw the Reservoir Dogs gang. They ran into Overhaul at the end of last season.

It didn't end well for them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Think of all the good Overhaul could do with a power like his if he were a hero instead of a crazy rear end in a top hat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Probably more destructive, right? Shiggy seems to need to keep a hold on you for at least a second for the decay to do too much damage. Overhaul just needs one good slap and you're a smear on the wall.

Remember that Overhaul goon Shiggy dusted during their first meeting at the start of the season? He just touched him and he instantly fell apart. Only reason Eraserhead survived during the USJ attack is because he erased his quirk just in time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The arc ends after they kill each other with an ill-thought-out high five.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nullsmack posted:

The alternate stories from a couple of pages ago were interesting. I wish I could see a few episodes of a fire-bending Deku, for example.

We need an Into The Deku-Verse spinoff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Remember when All For One hosed up Best Jeanist? He said he wasn't going to take his quirk specifically because it was one that required a ton of work and practice to make useful.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He's also been alive for hundreds of years, the guy probably got bored and experimented with some weird quirks every now and then.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kung Food posted:

Plus do they even need surgeons when there are people with kiss the boo-boo to make it better powers?

After Deku hosed up his hands at the Sports Festival, Recovery Girl had to do surgery on him before she could use her quirk so his hands would heal properly.

Plus, I think they've said that healing quirks are extremely rare.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ijyt posted:

As a criminal he’d probably be unmatched for indecent exposure.

He and Hagakure will form the first ever nudist Hero Agency.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Non-heroes are not allowed to use their powers in almost any real sense. Quirks are by law registered and extremely strictly controlled. Remember that Ochako originally wanted to be a hero so she could use her powers to help with construction.

No, Ochako originally wanted to get a special license to let her use her quirk to help her parents with their work, but they told her to pursue her dreams instead. She now wants to use the money from being a hero to support her family.

People are allowed to use their quirks for their jobs, but they need special licenses for it first.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kung Food posted:

The more I think about the ramifications of the 80% of the human race being powered; how society would adapt and how it would effect people in their day to day lives, the more I think the punch man segment is the least interesting. I kinda want a silly slice of life show with a non-hero protag set in this world.

The Vigilantes spinoff gives you some of that every now and then. They'll occasionally talk about things like villain damage insurance or welfare subsidies for people with more "monstrous" quirks that require special housing. It's not all the time, but it's neat little world building that I wish the main series would go into more.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Do we ever see nonhero background characters using or displaying quirks? Like do crowd shots include people with "I'm half fish" quirk?

I think due to anime budgets, most random crowd shots are just regular looking people, but in the manga, crowd shots are usually filled with people with weird body types due to quirks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

If your Quirk is "I have wings" do you still need a Hero License just to fly?

Is there an entire subset of bureaucracy for people that don't want to be heroes but would like to be able to use their Quirks to make their lives easier?

In the Vigilantes spinoff there's a guy who's a giant bug monster who talks about how he got a welfare subsidy to pay for bigger housing to accommodate his quirk.

During the USJ attack they mentioned how people with electric type quirks have tons of great job opportunities(they bring it up because one of the villains had an electric quirk).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Remember that the only reason Deku didn't run right away was because he couldn't carry both Iida and Native. If it was just Iida in trouble, he would have just grabbed him and booked it as fast as he could.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying the kids *should* have cut and run in that situation, just that I got the impression that it was them being a bunch of kids trying to fight a serious villain that almost got them into legal trouble moreso than just the quirk usage.

Yeah, Iida was being dumb by seeking out a deranged killer and Deku was dumb for not telling anyone that he was looking for his dumb friend who was seeking out a deranged killer before running off. Todoroki...didn't really do much wrong since he did tell Endeavor to come after him once the situation was under control on his end.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ashido rules, Fatgum rules, Kirishima rules.