Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Honestly, that seems to be what really made All Might what he was - he never needed to pick his battles, and never needed to compromise on doing the right thing, because he could never lose. That's what made him the symbol of peace, and that's what Izuku aspires to be.

Of course, while Izuku has all of the raw power All Might had, he needs the skill and experience to actually attain that level of untouchability. But he's shown he has the right mindset for when he does.

Being willing to charge in without hesitation when someone is in trouble in the face of overwhelming opposition is literally the thing he did to earn One for All, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Quirks became more common over time, and it's strongly implied that there was an extended period of conflict based around them. It's just been several generations in at this point and they're ubiquitous now, so most of the problems have been largely resolved.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Quirkless Deku teams up with Mei after she gets kicked out of school for reckless inventing, together they solve crime

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I do appreciate that the series keeps on bringing up just how hosed up quirk society can be.

There's a reason Stain's message is resonating. Hero culture is toxic, and people on the fringe who feel the brunt of it recognize that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Also, and as Gran Torino explained it at length: He's a phenomenal hero, but All-Might is kind of a lackluster teacher.

He's a poor leader as well. Leadership is a major reason Endeavor is #2.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kung Food posted:

The more I think about the ramifications of the 80% of the human race being powered; how society would adapt and how it would effect people in their day to day lives, the more I think the punch man segment is the least interesting. I kinda want a silly slice of life show with a non-hero protag set in this world.

Non-heroes are not allowed to use their powers in almost any real sense. Quirks are by law registered and extremely strictly controlled. Remember that Ochako originally wanted to be a hero so she could use her powers to help with construction.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

For fucks sake, stop saying this! Holy poo poo! Every loving time this discussion comes up somebody says this even though it's loving wrong! The point, the entire point of that scene, was that Ochako isn't aiming to go help her parents company with her quirk, because they weren't willing to let her give up on her dreams of being a hero just for their sake, and she's driven to push so hard because she doesn't want their hardship to go to waste on her. Quirks are restricted in public spaces, not everywhere.

lol ok. sorry for being wrong i guess?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Hard Boy/Slug Girl OTP

i love my two dumb kids

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
All For One also is also pretty distinctly a megalomaniac. On the other hand Magne and Spinner appear to just be unhappy people who are outcasts through no fault of their own and have fallen in with a bad crowd. Compress, also appears pretty stable outside of his hunger for infamy. We haven't see Kurogiri in a while but he appears to be motivated entirely by personal loyalty to AfO/Shigaraki.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Spinner, whose quirk we still don’t know

He's literally a teenage mutant ninja turtle lizard. I assume that IS his quirk tbh.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Overhaul put his ostensibly beloved adoptive father in a coma because he rather politely told him to stop torturing a child. The old man and reviving the Yakuza was an excuse, nothing more than that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
So Dabi is absolutely going to be Todoroki's older brother, right? "Oops instead of getting red fire and blue ice this kid got blue fire better massively abuse him until he runs away and becomes a serial killer who agrees with Stain."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Even among the core League members, Toga is the only person with a distinctly bad guy quirk. Even Shigaraki could spend his time decaying rubble after disasters and stuff if he felt like it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Toga could make for a great stunt double in the film industry. She could be a body double for world leaders in danger. She could be an exceptional agent in I assume whatever exists as a counter-terrorism national agency. There is nothing inherently bad guy about her quirk.

Her quirk requires her to hurt people to get an effect, is my point.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
There are a great many powers mineta shouldn’t have

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Kamanari appears to be his only classmate who even likes the guy.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

A little while ago I came across somebody I think dismissing the fanbase being mad at Bakugo's mom for being abusive? I'm guessing the idea Bakugo Mom beat her son comes from Bakugo saying "that's how my mom raised me" after considering hanging the kids from a tree and beating them?

I'm not sure how literally or seriously we're supposed to take that. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the fact there are apparently fans who dislike his mom.

IIRC she also hit him while explaining that she has no idea why her son is such a violent maniac in the episode she was introduced so I think it's text.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My biggest issue with it is that the cinematography or whatever of the hideout raid wasn't dynamic enough to really sell just how many people were participating on both sides and keep tension. It felt very 'the team runs down the hallway and periodically fights a random encounter until they reach the boss'. I thought basically everything else worked reasonably well.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah I still buy the 'Eri timefucked the prophecy'. It's possible OfA can do something similar cause it technically has the force ghosts of all the previous bearers in there who have been shown breaking Deku out of a supposed no win situation before by virtue of being multiple people in one body.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Gotta say I didn't expect la brava's origin story to be identical to many goons'.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The people demand an Endeavour hotsprings episode, apparently.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah the eventual theme seems pretty likely to be "the notion of a singular Symbol is wrong; it takes hundreds of brave and dedicated individuals, not one superman"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
...what WAS the last thing to happen? Gentle and the school festival?