Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was really stoned when I read this arc in an afternoon so honestly? Don't remember much. Or what happened last season

Todoroki best boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love that every OP for this show is somehow a void, I can't remember a single one.

anyway Again is my fav FMAB OP, but none are bad. The bit of Gluttony landing on the vent Ed and Envy are on still impresses me today. And the bit of Lust coming out of Envy's mouth still confuses me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that's weird, bakugo is like the only interesting student

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bakugo is a fascinating as someone who is almost entirely a product of this new superhero society and now has to figure out how to deprogram himself while still hanging on to the things he values about himself. that's fascinating! I don't entirely trust this series to make good on it, but there's a lot there. love that angry lil dude

as for tsuyu, im gonna give the fifteen year old a pass for not having maybe not great politics about justice when she's in a distressed emotional state about the death of her friends

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The worst part about Bakugo is that Deku still respects and admires him. But that’s mostly on Deku I suppose.
shonen rivals own dude. respect and admiration is inherent in A Rival

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

The main problem with the "villains" thing was that her apology sucked and was just cowardly begging to return to the status quo.

Then the rival shouldn't be so loving awful that the hero's continued deference to them makes the hero look bad.
i dont get this. shonen heroes typically have giant hearts so it doesn't bother me at all here. and also there things about bakugo worthy of respect. he's not entirely all talk. with how deku nerds out over every hero, it makes total sense he would still look up to bakugo. like synth said, he's a complete dweeb.

you might just not like dweebs and that's fine. i don't really care about deku is an MC personally.

people also act like bakugo has done completely, horrible, unconscionable things to deku, but like, i dunno, i also tried to be nice to people who had months ago .bullied me, stole my poo poo and told me to kill myself. child brains are super strange, and none of that felt completely not understandable to me

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wasn't really a retort cause i didn't know you felt that opinion in the first place but alright