Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wasn't it because both threads had Sasuke in the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm waiting for the dub version to air on Toonami, but I heard from someone that the recap episode annoyed them because it ignored Ashido. Is what they said true?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Does Suneater need to fully consume the food or is just licking it enough?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Zwiebel posted:

As someone that didn't like the Overhaul arc at all in the manga, I appreciate that they got through it in a timely manner and am happy with the way the arc worked out. Initially I was worried it would take them like 20 episodes to get to this point just based on the amount of chapters they adapted per episode in previous seasons.

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they pointed out that it feels both too short and too long.
They kind of spend a good amount of time setting it up, but then have to speed through things in order to wrap it up because there's so many goddamn fights and it's too action heavy and it both feels like too much and too little.
And even with some spectacular animation put in here and there, people find plenty of room to complain, since there's just way too much fighting that would require better and more extensive choreography and a lot of work. More than the lackluster and confusing story boarding and example of the manga could even provide a good outline for, since Horikoshi was doing badly health wise on top of his existing issues with complicated readable fights. I don't think they could've reasonably turned the turd that was the Overhaul arc into something amazing without a more loose adaptation or rewriting parts of it.
It does have some strong moments, however.

I don't really mind the flashback interruptions, but it's apparent that at this point in the manga they just wanted to wrap things up and fully establish what Overhauls deal was anyways before doing so.

I remember it being said that this whole arc feels like a shonen "filler" movie being adapted into the series proper. Makes me wonder if the arc can be edited into an actual movie and how that'd turn out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I feel that most people who unironically use the term "plot armor" are those who want to bash on a series but can't come up with a more articulate argument.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Now I'm imagining all sorts of YouTube/prank shenanigans that would happen with Quirks. Can you imagine Jackass with Quirks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

oops