Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

Do we have an over under on how many pages it will take for someone to not read the thread title and post like this is the manga thread? My money is on "before the end of page 2."

The manga thread has "anime" in the title for some stupid reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Are some people's quirks incredibly boring stuff like "my skin gets less itchy than the average person" or something? I kind of figured quirk implied something more... impactful.

Given the amount of specific Quirk training the characters go through in the series, I think the implication is that the average person doesn't really bother developing their quirks at all, especially if it isn't immediately apparently powerful like Bakugo's exploding sweat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mirio is one of the rare examples of MHA heroes who are actually best at being heroes and not actually anything else.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Must suck to be born with the quirk for "pull your eyes out of their sockets".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

I think you have the wrong thread

Maybe we should remove "anime" from the title of the manga thread.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Didn't Deku punch all the meat off Overhaul? At the end of the episode he's back in Overhaul-Rikiya form.

Could've been a really good, fast-paced 15 minute episode, unfortunately they had to stretch it out into 24 minutes. Feels like that's been true for all of the episodes this arc, really.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'd actually really like to see a recut of this episode that just tosses all the pace-interrupting flashbacks and extraneous padding dialogue, instead just focusing on the action. It'd be like 8 minutes long but it'd be a very worthwhile 8 minutes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently the fight before it, did not make good use of its budget either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=0yvonfVPljY&feature=emb_logo

This show looks irredeemably bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The funny thing is Nejire is probably the only other person, aside from Deku, in the entire arc who could actually make full use of Eri's renewal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The future-changing is explicitly about Eri, not Deku.

Not even one episode ago Overhaul used one of his minions' voices to convince Eri that her struggling and trying to escape was in vain because people around her still got hurt regardless, and compelled her to come back to Overhaul. At the start of the arc, Eri attempts to escape but is caught by Overhaul and goes back with him rather than have him turn Mirio and Deku into bloody smears. Overhaul says something like "You don't want this to happen again, like the other times, do you?"

Nighteye's vision sees a dead Deku, just like all the other times Eri tried to escape from Overhaul. But this time she actually decides to leave, leaping into Deku's arms, and through her power she finally prevents Overhaul from killing people and undoing the escape.

IMO

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if that stuff will be included in the Blu-ray edition or if it was just wholesale skipped over?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

It occurs to me that for all I’ve heard the name, I don’t know a thing about Dr Stone.

Caleb Cook, MHA's manga translator, also does the translations for Dr Stone and he also does the trivia threads. From what I've seen it's pretty madcap. The protagonist is a genius scientist and uses crazy chemical reactions and engineering applications to get himself out of situations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So I began reading Dr Stone because of the brief talk we had in this thread and something felt incredibly familiar about the manga but I couldn't put my finger on it. Senku kept reminding me of Hiruma from Eyeshield 21 -- and I looked up who worked on the manga. Turns out it's the same writer as for Eyeshield 21, Inagaki Riichiro, so that explains it :v: I'm about 30 chapters in now and it's pretty good (though I'm not a fan of how the artist draws women).

Sorry for the off topic chat but there were a couple other posters in here curious about it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ninjewtsu posted:

How many arcs ahead of the anime is the manga?

The manga is roughly four full arcs ahead and is in the middle of the fifth arc right now, but two of these arcs are about 2/3rds long as the Overhaul arc was, while the other two are as long as the Gentle/School Festival arc was. There's about at minimum one and a half full season left to animate if the manga stopped right now.

I'd expect the next season sometime in mid/late 2021.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Watching this scene again in the anime by the way made me realize where I've seen Endeavor's pose before: