Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Here's hoping the anime does what it's best at and expands on things the manga couldn't find the space for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Anime-only fans are going to be spoiled by the second movie, since it apparently takes place further down the timeline than Season 4 and incorporates elements from Hori's originally-planned ending for the series

Wonder what that's gonna do to sales

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cameras from anywhere, you say?

Traitors, you say?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Which cartoon animal represents Deku?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder what Deku's thinking when he runs across a scared girl in bandages who recoils from him, being followed by Kai Chisaki

The episode preview was also hilariously spoilery

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, what if Tsu’s quirk is actually the same as Suneater’s? :byodood:

Are frog legs a delicacy in Japan?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

You could probably do a fun little riff in the idea of bakugou and deku's situations being reversed, where Deku had his parents quirks combine into Basically Firebdnding and he's a cheerful hero prodigy for whom everything comes naturally, and Bakugou is the quirkless one who is pissed off all the time and spent his entire youth physically conditioning himself to be a quirkless hero before meeting All Might.

Would Bakugo be getting One for All in this scenario? Because I think he'd have to mellow out a bit before All Might would consider him

Or is this a world where Mirio gets it, and Deku and Bakugo develop a little more naturally as heroes - still getting dragged into conflicts when they stumble into them rather than actively looking for them because the plot demands conflict

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

in case no one else has said it yet

overhaul's power is bullshit

"I know this is rich, coming from me, but your powers are BULLSHIT."

Overhaul's a cool dude with killer high fives. He and Shiggy would likely get along like a house on fire if they could hash things out.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There's sometimes an animal person of some shape in crowd shots, like one of young Mirio's classmates being a cat

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If your Quirk is "I have wings" do you still need a Hero License just to fly?

Is there an entire subset of bureaucracy for people that don't want to be heroes but would like to be able to use their Quirks to make their lives easier?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

People are going to be so confused and I really hope that doesn't hurt its sales too badly

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirio phasing through Eri to kick and punch was amazing, and the fact he can still tag Overhaul without his Quirk is great

I mean, sure, he's completely screwed in the long run, but it shows Eri that Overhaul isn't invincible

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Feel like the anime's missed a chance to show the girls doing something while the boys are rescuing Eri, which was something a lot of manga readers were hoping the anime would fix

(Having not watched the latest episode, for all I know the preview could have shown exactly that...?)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...huh, we're already to Chimerasaki

Felt like it took longer for the manga to unveil him - the perks of Hori not being in the process of dying and the seasonal format, I suppose

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

Eh, I disagree with that. There is an entirely natural and non-contrived way to make theoretical quirkless Hero Deku keep up with the usual shonen power curve - pair him with Mei.

There's "keeping up with the curve" and then there's "breaking it entirely"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd actually really like to see a recut of this episode that just tosses all the pace-interrupting flashbacks and extraneous padding dialogue, instead just focusing on the action. It'd be like 8 minutes long but it'd be a very worthwhile 8 minutes.

Ah, the first Naruto vs Sasuke Valley of the End fight treatment, where they kept interrupting the episode to show you dead Uchiha, where a fight that should've taken an episode or two instead took 5 (8 if you count the flashbacks)

Thankfully, the second one only took 2.2

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Was extremely satisfying seeing Deku with Dad Might's eyes

Also drat kid, you scary - it only took you a few moments to figure out the basics of Eri's quirk and realize that using OfA at 100% could offset it - even if temporarily since Eri's was growing stronger the more use she used her Quirk

Deku wins once again by destroying his body faster than it can be repaired!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

When Deku fights, he pictures the other guy as middle-school Bakugo. :v:

He'd picture them as people dissing All Might, but he's trying not to actively kill people

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zzulu posted:

I loved this part. I also loved how they played really loving ominous music even though it's our hero beating the pulp out of the villain and making our hero look a bit freaky in doing so

That's because we're seeing this from Overhaul's perspective, where Deku being a wrathful god who's done with his poo poo is the right approach, so enjoy the ominous music, terrifying lighting, and Overhaul probably having a few regrets before getting punched by a nuke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nullsmack posted:

Now I want to see an edit of that Indiana Jones scene with someone from this show instead of a swordguy?.

Indy is Bakugo/Todoroki and his opponent gets completely nuked before they can do anything

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like it when parents are just average everyday people who are proud of their Protagonist child and love and support them and aren't killed for cheap drama or raised stakes

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Deku's dad will be a villain who is also proud of his son and loves and supports him.

Deku's Mom confirmed for Final Boss

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Going by past experiences, Deku would somehow befriend the kid with the most tragic backstory.

He'd introduce them to Eri and probably accelerate the Quirk Singularity by 100 years

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

And then Deku would be punched in the deku seeds again

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

Really? Deku Nuts was right there.

Something something size joke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Are Koda and Sato FINALLY going to do something?

And it's in a movie?!

HOORAY!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Still waiting for his hero name to be codified as Kacchan

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What's with the filter on La Brava's voice though? She sounds like she's coming through a radio

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I forgot about Mineta's line this episode and it's been a very long while since I've felt my skin crawl like that

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I think Deku's been living next to him for too long, he almost makes a comment on Nejire's boobs in this episode.

At least he's socially awkward about being around attractive women and tends to look away (as seen with Mei)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how Kota was rewarded with an eyeful of the girls when he kept Mineta from climbing the wall during the summer arc

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Overhaul Arc suffered due to all of its good directors and animators being called away to work on Heroes Rising and they're thankfully back for the School Festival, which given that we're going into a play & concert combo, is probably for the best, especially since Hori was basically dying and barely got out finished chapters around this time

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gentle on the steel beam was probably one of the most surreal scenes the anime has produced

Mostly due to how it just kept going

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1239432986443034625

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

drat, that was a good concert

Shame we couldn't get the full play though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bofast posted:

It only just occurred to me, but Hagakure shining during the performance must be part of her quirk, right?

She passively refracts light to make herself invisible, yes

I'm just curious as to why her entire outfit was gleaming

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Four seasons in, Fluttershy Koda has yet to do anything with animals

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Two hours of Mirko murking mooks

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

While Mirio mopes?

Mirko murking mooks makes morose Mirio's mope mellow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't say I blame him.

It was a very lovely peach.