Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
It might've been filler but I really liked how they used the reporter to show just how important All Might was. Cheering crowds and being told that he's the Symbol of Peace is one thing, but hearing how he saved that guy's dad when he was a kid and thinking about just how many people must have similar stories does a far better job of selling how big those shoes are for Deku to fill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Weird, Odd Future loving slaps and always got me hype.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Mulderman posted:

Anime starting for real this episode and it's pretty drat great.
They toned it down a little bit, but man the slaughter during the initial meeting between the league and Overhaul was incredibly well done

Yeah I was spoilered on one of the things that happened but still it was really loving good and I'm glad our boy Tomura gave as good as he got.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Imagine if every show had a guy who just complained about having to explain obvious things for the benefit of literal children/the audience.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I do like how contact quirks like that are 'always on' and you can always see how Uraraka folds her fingers inwards to keep the pads from touching stuff/people when she doesn't want to use her quirk and Shigaraki always makes sure to keep one finger daintily lifted off of whatever he's touching. It makes them feel a lot more real than it just being a case of only triggering when they both touch something and consciously choose to use the quirk.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Kung Food posted:

Having movable eyes might not be a life defining quirk, but it would be generally useful in everyday life. You could tuck it behind your ear and be able to see behind you while biking. How many times have you been working on something where a small piece fell down and rolled into a cramped space? Find it with stretchy eyes. Not sure if the hair on the back of your head is combed right? Stretchy eyes! Have a weird mole in an inconvenient place that you want to look at more closely? You better believe I would put a stretchy eye right up to it to see what is going on with it.

I guarantee I would bite my eye while trying to look at some crap stuck in my teeth.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah I liked Aizawa vs Toga because neither of their quirks actually help at fighting directly so both of them just became bullshit ninja masters instead.

Deku could've done that instead of writing his journals all through middle school!

Also I hope lock guy is just sleeping.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Remember Toga can also copy people's quirks when she's transformed into them, and she can hold that transformation for up to a day with a cup of blood. She's basically got a more involved version of the power-copier from B class's quirk with a variable duration and physical transformation.

So she could team up with someone like Recovery Girl and be a cute nurse!

Oh god does she do that later in the manga so she can smooch Deku? Please don't spoil if she does.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I'm really digging Gentle and La Brava's whole deal. Is his quirk some kind of cartoon physics thing? No spoilers, just the effect when he and La Brava jumped onto the rooftop felt a bit like that and it would be really powerful in a fight.

But the highlight was All Might teaching Deku how to make pressure waves. Having him go in detail with the mechanics of One For All and building on the stuff Deku's developed up until now was really neat, shows how far he's come as a teacher that he can bring it all together like that for his student now.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Rhonne posted:

I also liked how La Brava recognized Deku from the Sports Festival and was like "this kid is loving crazy!"

That was a really good moment. Not that Deku is strong or talented or has a dangerous quirk. He's crazy and breaks his own arms.

That is Deku's public image after the sports festival.

"I am here," indeed.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Really thought Endeavor was going to get murked there! You got one on me, anime, you got one. Well played.

The new number one hero getting killed by a villain the day after he attained the spot would've had some powerful dystopic energy, not gonna lie. I liked the newswoman's freaking out over how they're all hosed without a symbol too, really felt like it might go there, but it's not that kind of show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah I was pretty confused by the Hawks picture in the ED throughout this series but then seeing him use his feathers to rescue people in the building that he couldn't directly see during the battle it made sense.