Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Shine posted:

... but it's also a cakewalk ...

Look, I agree, but Ashley keep getting killed and I've all but given up. I'm on the Castle Parapets, and that loving AI keeps walking into the path of big loving rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

BrainDance posted:

Just tell her to not follow you.

There are like maybe 4 or 5 spots in the whole game where that gets her killed/kidnapped but for the majority of the game it's "stay here" clear the path "follow me."

Tried that in multiple ways, in multiple places; she either gets conked by a rock or taken by someone I apparently haven't killed. I'll try again later. I've really hosed my death stats, but I haven't saved it, so I'm not sure if it counts.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

roffels posted:

Yeah, that got me a few times. Also the Gigante falling on her.

I specifically went back and chose the other path for that reason, occurring thrice.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

roffels posted:

Wait, there's another path?!

I'm on my 3rd playthrough, this time to just collect all the treasure. Kind of nice not feeling the anxiety/fear of death when all the weapons are maxed out. The wolves still trigger some instinctual fear though.

I keep selling all the treasures, 'cause Daddy needs Tuned Up weapons.
Yeah, when you have Ashley it's either a heap of ganados (heaps more fun than a girl getting crushed repeatedly, or El Gigante, you just use the big lever in the middle to choose your poison.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

Any guinea pig available?

I don't have a coin to toss to Steam, but I read some feedback in an Oculus group, and the person said it was excellent and utilised similar and the same VR mechanics as RE4, and is better. I will likely give it a go if I keep hearing such great feedback.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

jabro posted:

My Quest 2 just arrived. How are referrals handled? We have a thread of just a free for all? I have an OG Quest but think we’ll still get the credit so someone point me in the right direction or throw a link here and I’ll try to get us free monies.

Edit: what are the goon-approved accessories for this thing? Didn’t see anything in the OP.

If you wear glasses, heavily consider lens adaptors from a reputable seller (I used VRoptician).
My favourite strap of stock, generic halo and BOBOVR M2 Pro is the latter. Has battery, decently charges it once the button is pressed, and has magnetic attachment which is pretty solid and kinda cool (though does mean more of a trickle than direct input, which BOBOVR have acknowledged was a design-choice).

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

but are there any must-have games or apps I should pick up that run well on a Quest 2?

Resident Evil 4 is great.
Walking Dead is great.
Pistol Whip is great.
Ragnarock is my preferred rhythm game (though I have been playing a lot of Beat Saber lately), and is ... great.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I'd be keen on Among Us VR (when I can buy it) and definitely some Demeo playage when I eventually get my Quest 3, since cross play is supported (only have a Steam Deck) and I own it from my time with a Quest 2.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Considering buying another VR headset after returning a Quest 3 earlier in the year to fund a Steam Deck OLED.
Was mightily impressed but wanted a Dreck more.

I'm in Australia, and Amazon have the Quest 2 for $359, whereas base model Q3 is $799.
I really enjoyed my time with the Quest 3, but I'm cash poor and quite impulsive, so am trying to convince myself to wait until I have the munny for a Q3 again.

At that price, is the Quest 2 worth it over a potential few months wait for a Q3?

Case use: standalone VR, do not have a Gaming PC, largely for hoping to lose weight with exercise games/rhythm games.
Thanks in advance goons

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

TIP posted:

I would wait to see what that's like

good points all.

Jerusalem posted:

but after getting a Q3 I don't think I could really go back to a Q2,
If you had pre-existing access to a Q2 to use for a few months before you pick up the 3 sure, but I wouldn't advise buying one just so you can buy a q3 so soon after.

Yeah, had a Q2 in the past, and loved it, but my few days with the Q3 blew it out of the water.

Thanks goons, will wait

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Is the Referral code (Australia, etc) system setup so you can only claim it once per account or once per device?
Their info page refers to having to be a new user, but I claimed a referral credit about 6 months ago, but then life/ADHD got in the way (and also made me impulsively buy a Q3 just now) and I want free corpomonies from megacorps who can obviously afford it, and I'll be damned if I'll give up in under 30 minutes *squirrel!*

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Got a referral code from another forum dweller on another part of the internet.

Didn't work.

Appsharing wouldn't work 'cause another old headset of mine hadn't been disconnected properly on the backend, and was online with support at 6pm Naarm, Australia time.

Decided to ask about the referral. Boom. $50AUD (instead of $47AUD) in my account (and the referrer's).

Great customer service.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Anybody played UBOAT - The Silent Wolf; if so, is it as good as it looks, and does anyone have a ref code for it (but only if its as good as the trailer makes it out to be)?

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Beastie posted:

You can be my buddy?

I caved and bought it before I saw the referral codes using a Reddit code; sorry goons.

I can, however, still be your shitmate if required/wanted.

Permission to board the Wessel?

Seriously though, I'm free most of the time, depending on where you are in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Beastie posted:

I'm heading out of town tonight with the lady though. But I'm available most weeknights until about midnight.

Sweet; added on Meta (FranklinBHappyheimer)

HMU when you're free!