Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Bondematt posted:

Now I just want original X-Com in VR

Place bases, intercept UFOs, and slide around little plastic men like I'm playing 40K or something.

Or even a Black and White game where you can praise or punish your avatar and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

I said come in! posted:

god just please make it loving available on PC, jesus christ Sony.

If they aren't allowed to install a rootkit on it then Sony ain't interested. Sorry, them's the rules

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
The awards are also dumb in that they incentivize you to submit a vote for every category even ones that contain all games you've never heard of or played

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
A friend of mine says that new EA WRC game works great with the UEVR.

quote:

I found a few settings that really make it pretty good though. Initially the menus were rendered waaay too close, so like I was trying to navigate a menu projected on a theatre screen while I was 3 feet away. Also on certain cars the center point left me behind the driver model and a bit low, so that I was always looking at a headless neck.
But you can adjust the menu render distance and also set a button to set a new "default standing position"

He also says the physics seem to be much better and more dynamic than Dirt Rally 2.0. Closer to that older Richard Burns Rally game apparently.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Buy a really cheap web cam and remove the ir filter from the lens. Or there's probably much more expensive ir sensing cameras I guess

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Laughing at this headline/subheading

Pimax Crystal comes to steal the show as a budget-friendly VR headset

"Selling for half the price of Apple's VR headset and offering a great VR experience, Pimax indeed has necks turned with its Crystal VR headset."

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/pimax-crystal-vr-headset-apple

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

The Eyes Have It posted:

Pimax, kings of starting a new plate before finishing what's on their previous one, announced the Pimax Crystal Super. PCVR only. Doesn't seem to have wireless streaming in the cards, there's no battery (power is over the cable.) They're going with a swappable display unit, so you can swap in either a micro-OLED or QLED display element.

Also announced a Crystal Light as a cheaper option but I'm not sure what exactly they stripped out

Edit: https://pimax.com/product/pimax-crystal-light-preorder-fee/

Light version removes:
- automatic IPD, though you can still adjust it manually
- Eye tracking
- Dynamic Foviated rendering
- interchangeable lenses
- 1 of the 3 microphones
- internal storage/processor/battery (i.e. it's no longer able to run in standalone)

$700USD for the QLED version and $900USD for the mini-LED version with local dimming

Comes with controllers which is more than you can say for some of those other high end headsets I guess.

Squibbles fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can only assume creative accounting or a stable of whales lining up for every new headset they turn out.

I will say though, the Sword controllers are actually legit decent replacements for a Vive Wand if you want something for VRChat that's comfortable and will let you toggle/hold gestures though. Especially as you can swap the batteries out. I'd even call them more comfortable than Index controllers.

Whales you say? That's what I was thinking when I saw this slide. 10+?!? :stare:

Squibbles fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 16, 2024