Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

"Starting" at $3500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I've been out of the VR scene for a while and am thinking of getting back into it.

I have an Oculus Rift CV1 but somehow the audio went out on one of the headphones. A few questions that hopefully someone can help with...

- Is there a reasonable non-Quest VR headset that will work with the Oculus and Steam stores?
- What are the chances Sony will make their VR2 headset compatible with PC?

I'm trying to avoid giving Meta money, but if Quest is really the best option:
- What's the quality like if I play Oculus/Steam games from my PC? Will it be a significant improvement over my CV1? Is the wireless from PC the same quality as wired from PC?
- How much better is the Rift 3 over Rift 2?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Is there or will there be game compatibility limitations between the different versions of Quest? like this game works on Quest3 but won't work on Quest1?