Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
If this thread and the previous one taught me anything it's that individual experience, tolerance and preferences vary so much with VR it's not helpful to make any sort of blanket recommendation.

Except perhaps that if you want stand alone vr get a quest since it's the only game in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
Thanks for this. I own it on steam but having it on my quest as well means my wife and I can coop together in VR easily.

Having not interacted with the UPlay store much how exactly does it work when you buy a game from someone elses store front? You just get a code in the mail?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

IIRC they use a wireless protocol mediated by the headset so you’d need to figure out a way to power the headset on but ignore rendering to it. Doesn’t seem practical.

Especially since their position is tracked by the headset - even if you don’t use positional tracking the lowest latency path would be through the headset.

I think they're referring to VR games that use standard controllers. There are a few seated game cases like this that require the use of an untracked controller.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Reek posted:

side question, is the new Star Wars VR "Tales from the Galaxy's Edge" game any good? Haven't heard anyone mention it. Aside from looking like an ad for the disney park im thirsty for more star wars vr stuff

I've only played about 3 hours but really enjoyed it. It takes place on Batuu but as yet I've only seen "Star Wars Land" in the far distance. I assume you get there eventually. So far though it feels more like a "real" game than most VR stuff I've played but isn't really remarkable.
Iff you are a big Star Wars person I'd go for it. If not watch for a sale.

There is a main menu item literally titled Purchase DLC. If the main game ends up big enough I don't care. If it's short for the price I'll probably find that more annoying if they are parting out small bits of content.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

sethsez posted:

If you've played it for three hours, you're about twenty seconds from the end credits.

If so lame. I'm so tired of nearly every game that isn't a score chase being about demo length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

My Q2 will frequently wake to a black screen when I press the power button and I have to power it all the way down and restart

As far as I know there is no fix for this

Mine too of it sleeps for any amount of time except very short sleeps of a few minutes. It's really frustrating.