Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's crazy how much the show raised awareness of the Tulsa massacre and led to things like support for finding the mass graves. Usually when I say "raising awareness" there's a hefty eyeroll involved but it actually for-real accomplished something.

I seriously paused the episode and went to google to search if that was real, I had never heard of it (Im not american, though)

I was pretty shocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think he is talking about the comics being "devoid of commentary on race"

edit: beaten, but yes, Ive read it right

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Bust Rodd posted:

I watched this show over a week back in February or March and thought it was the smartest and coolest thing I’d seen on TV in a long time. Count me as one of the people who learned about the massacre from the show and being just hosed up by it.

I really enjoyed the whole thing and I think it’s funny how all the criticism at the time were like “these hyper militarized masked police being infiltrated by white supremacy is just kinda far fetched” and now look at the state of our entire country, just insane.

The highlight of the show is definitely the drug sequence but I was invested the whole time. I even forgave the stupidity of the Time stuff, even though I absolutely loathe time traveling in any form, they make an earnest attempt to weave Timelessness into the very fabric of Dr. Manhattan’s character I respect that.

It was also weird being on such a roller coaster with Ozzy, I feel like you go from hating him to rooting for him and back and forth over and over.

I actually paused the show to look it up on the internet cause I wanst beliving it could be true