Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My optimism grows with these early reviews. But I imagine it won't take much to make me happy. I liked the movie, after all. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

algebra testes posted:

The difference between the two is what? That Ozy doesnt create a giant vagina space monster but it is something else right?

Pretty much, yeah.

I really liked Billy Crudup as Manhattan in the movie. I doubt it’ll happen but I’d love to see him reprise the role for the show.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Also of note if you read the supplemental material from that site, according to the newspaper article obit, Veidt's fortunes kind of fell into a freefall in the late 80s and 90s, only to be salvaged when he created a pet cloning service. Given the relatively young ages of his servants, he probably cloned them right around the same time he started cloning rich people's dead dogs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kind of glad I never got into Lost, because it seems to have seriously broken some people's brains when it comes to anything else Lindelof has worked on.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

New Peteypedia is up.

The most intriguing document is probably the letter from 1955.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

tadashi posted:

I literally said "The gently caress?" 2 seconds before Night did. I am obsessed with silver lubed dick man.

:yeah:

I’m pretty sure that was a universal response to his introduction.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Zmej posted:

I had this same realization and frustration. the Veidt stuff is fun, but I'd be more invested if I knew what/why he is escaping

I’m in the opposite camp and part of me wishes it’d take a Lynchian turn where we never do find out who, how, or why Adrian is where he is and his story never connects with the main plot.

It won’t do that, of course, but I’d find it immensely funny if that’s what happened.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As I watched the episode in real-time with a buddy, it was pretty awesome when he uttered "...the gently caress?!" at seeing Lube Man, moments before Sister Night said the same thing.

Then last night I rewatched it with my wife who hadn't seen the episode yet... and she did it too. :neckbeard:

It's pretty remarkable Lindelhof and crew succeeded in creating such an instant, universal response to that moment.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Shout out to The Ink Spots for Fallouting it up this episode. I counted no less than three of their songs popping up throughout.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Joke Miriam posted:

Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were in fact gay in the comic, right? I last read it years ago. I remember from Nite Owl 1's book that Captain Metropolis was gay, belying his socially upstanding, racist, hippie-hating, "Ideal 50s White Guy" persona. I don't seem to remember much about Hooded Justice beyond the "he might have been this German powerlifter" and "he was sort of a Nazi sympathizer" things. Did the text say that he and Captain Metropolis were a couple?

It’s assumed they were through supplemental material like Under the Hood, but all of it is from second-hand sources like Hollis Mason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

God exists, and she’s a black woman.