Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How is Jeremy Irons considered a lead actor in this?

It's the most obvious choice; he's the only actor with something to do in every episode (or closer to it than anyone else), and like tarlibone said, he's Jeremy fuckin' Irons. You could make a reasonable case to submit Abdul-Mateen, but he really doesn't have much to do for the front half of the series.

Emmy rules state that people can generally submit themselves (or others) for whatever, and they'll generally accept it. Assuming HBO campaigned for Irons to be considered the lead, I can't imagine they'd decide someone else is the male lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I feels like it's intended to be that, but even if you find allegory in Ozymandias' journey, it isn't like the Sea Captain in Black Freighter showed up in issue 12 of Watchmen to talk to the other characters.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

Whoo cares? Why does it have to exactly match the same beats from the comic

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I don't care about that, I just think it reduces the emphasis of the allegorical element of Ozymandias' plot line. It reads more as temporally parallel than thematically parallel (which means that, to me, it felt a bit superfluous but for the last hour, as great as Irons performance is.) It's entirely possible I'm just too thick headed to see the parallels, though. Sorry if it's been covered a billion times. :shobon:

EDIT: also everyone knows the show's biggest flaw is insufficient blue manhattan cock