Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Wait whats this other show???

Helen Mirren Catherine the Great series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

algebra testes posted:

The difference between the two is what? That Ozy doesnt create a giant vagina space monster but it is something else right?

Comic book: Fake space squid made from a psychic that causes people to think an alien accidentally invaded

Movie: Framing Doctor Manhattan to make it look like he was trying to take over the world by having him build generators and then blowing them up

They sprinkled all sorts of references to the space squid stuff throughout the series, so it is all completely set up beforehand and doesn't just come out of nowhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hcreight posted:

I was wondering if this would finally be the adaptation of Moore's work that he doesn't hate but I guess he proactively asked Lindelof to leave his name out of the credits and promo material so good luck with that.

That's been his standing policy for a while now and doesn't say anything about the quality of the work. He's been burned too many times with people telling the press that "oh yeah, Alan is totally on board with the movie and loves it" and so he decided to just remove himself from the equation. This is actually a better deal for the artist because they get his share of the money (which is never very much because these aren't creator owned properties.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting to see that there are no cell phones in this world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's definitely something not normal with the squid rain seeing as they dissolved almost as soon as they came down.

Miching Mallecho posted:

pay attention to the wall during the classroom scene to find who became president after Nixon

Robert Redford

edit:I’m loving the Reznor/Ross score :allears:

According to the radio he is still president, which makes sense as Nixon pushed through a Constitutional amendment abolishing term limits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Revol posted:

Where did you see this implied? I missed it.

Because it is 2019 in the show and they're using pagers and landlines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with that is Under the Hood mentions that Captain Metropolis was pretty racist while a different supplemental part reveals he was secretly in a relationship with Hooded Justice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

post of an old timey suit, in the racists' HQ, with supe who caught a black kid. Must be a memorial to the good old days for them

Dollar Bill was one of the original Minutemen but his whole thing was that he was just a guy who was hired by a bank to be their personal hero. He eventually dies during a robbery because his cape gets caught in a revolving door. He's barely in the comic and I think he's just there for Moore to dunk on how impractical a cape would actually be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MaoistBanker posted:

Hmmmm... wonder who the kid from Tulsa was terrorized by

Stop posting spoilers