Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

no good hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
gently caress YOU JOEY SLYE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Interesting he approached it like a field goal. I guess it makes sense because it would throw off your form if you ran up at it like a kickoff.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

gently caress YOU JOEY SLYE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME

Don't care, we got to see maybe the rarest play in football there.

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
Never even knew that was a rule

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao no one in the stands knew what was happening

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Grittybeard posted:

Don't care, we got to see maybe the rarest play in football there.

The rarest play is the 1-point safety (in NFL ball) :colbert:

also I know, I just really wanted him to make it, you know, for the memories

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lol, I forgot about the free kick rule

shame that he missed

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Haha, what the gently caress.

Can't wait to see what happens in the second half at this rate.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I dont think Ive ever seen a kicker put the ball on the hashes and it ever work out for them. Just put the ball in the middle of the loving field so when you miss you have space on both sides.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The one day I've watched football this year and see that. Blessed

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao no one in the stands knew what was happening

it was great, you could see fans of all types trying to figure out wtf was happening

Barudak
May 7, 2007

also I know, I just really wanted him to make it, you know, for the memories

There will never be a 1-point safety in the NFL unless a players spouse is being held hostage or equivalent.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
How are the Bucs only down 10? That was probably the worst half I've seen in a while and I've seen some poo poo.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Wait, what? What's that?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

How are the Bucs only down 10? That was probably the worst half I've seen in a while and I've seen some poo poo.

Defense has been doing work, at least, the front seven have.

Secondary is not so hot

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

surf rock posted:

Wait, what? What's that?

Kicking team takes a safety on a PAT. Requires the ball to travel backwards the entire length of the field. Probably will never happen, but when the NFL changed the rule for blocked PATs to become live balls in like 2015 or something, it re-activated the rule for 1-point safeties which previously was only possible in the NCAA and not the NFL. That's also how you end up with the magical 6-1 theoretical final score

The defense can also take the safety on the play, which will give the kicking team a single point too. It can go both ways

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

Wait, what? What's that?

Only possible on a try (like extra point or two point conversion).

Generally goes there's a turnover of some sort, the defending team takes clear possession outside the end zone, then runs back into their end zone and gets tackled.

This can also happen on the other side of the field in theory if the defense gets a turnover and runs it all the way down but that has never happened as far as anyone can tell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

surf rock posted:

Wait, what? What's that?

A safety scored on a 2-point conversion attempt is, for whatever loving reason, worth only 1 point. Yes, this does require the team with the ball to run all the way back to their own endzone 90+ yards away and then patiently wait to be tackled.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

That Punt fumble, and the Panthers are only using like three page of the playbook with Kyle out there.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Thank you all for the explanations and, yes, that will literally never happen before the heat death of the universe, disappointingly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theoretically the best odds of it happening are the Pats blocking a PAT and then running it back while the kicking team sits around sucking air because I firmly believe Bill demands hands-on education of the entire special teams unit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

Thank you all for the explanations and, yes, that will literally never happen before the heat death of the universe, disappointingly

It's happened at least twice in the NCAA in the last 20ish years. Randomly the same play by play guy called both, and when everyone was confused as to what was going on in the second one he was like "I got this."

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I still believe that a DeSean Jackson-esque "drop the ball in celebration" fumble right before the endzone could result in the offense on a PAT recovering the ball for a safety. That's the most likely possible scenario imho

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Melissa your jacket looks like what a 1980s texas oil baron would consider his backup emergency suit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kyle was like a second away from eating some serious poo poo. SLIDE YOU DUMB FUCKERS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh my god what a throw

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

oh my god what a throw

That was an excellent throw.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That ad for Gears 5 somehow makes the best looking area in the game and one of the better designed areas in games in general this generation into dogshit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Some of the streams just died, but found one that works.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
DJ Moore :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is he died

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

probably just got the wind knocked out of him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i think all the streams have eaten it

edit* http://crackstreams.ga/nfl-streams/1/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Some of the streams just died, but found one that works.

Thank you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:lol:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Hey guys wh-AT THE gently caress WAS THAT?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Mostly I'm worried about DJ Moore cuz that's one less target for Allen