Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cima
Laredo Kid
EVIL
Bea Priestley
Speedball Mike Bailey
Psycho Clown
Susumu Yokosuka
. LuFisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jungle Kyona
Oney Lorcan
Jay Lethal
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Psycho Clown
Tetsuya Endo
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cima
Jungle Boy
TinTin the Giant Panda
Bea Priestley
Speedball Mike Bailey
Joey Janela
The Dark Order, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
LuFisto

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I didnt do anything where is my thank you in the op of this thread

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Aussie Open, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I loved that Dalton Castle shoutout and if I could have voted for him now I would.

Jungle Kyona
Laredo Kid
TinTin the Giant Panda
Io Shirai
Speedball Mike Bailey
Joey Janela
Susumu Yokosuka
Lufisto

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CIMA
Laredo Kid
EVIL
Bea Priestley
Rosemary
Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo
LuFisto

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Jungle Kyona
Jungle Boy
TinTin the Giant Panda
Io Shirai
Rosemary/Courtney Rush
Joey Janela
Susumu Yokosuka
LuFisto

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
CIMA
Jungle Boy
TinTin the Giant Panda
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Psycho Clown
Drago

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aussie Open
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Tozawa
Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo
Drago

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CIMA
Jungle Boy
Jay Lethal
Io Shirai
Speedball Mike Bailey
Psycho Clown
The Dark Order
LuFisto

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Abstain
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 15, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
You missed one, J-Ru

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cima
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
Susumu Yokosuka
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Cima
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Speedball Mike Bailey
Joey Janela
Susumu Yokosuka
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

You missed one, J-Ru

Sorry I thought we just left it blank if we weren't voting on that particular match-up. Edited in an abstain.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Got it. I just wasn’t sure. You don’t have to say abstain, for the record.

Voting closes on this round at 7 pm Eastern, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cima
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo
Drago

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
CIMA
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Psycho Clown
Tetsuya Endo
Drago

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
CIMA
Oney Lorcan
Jay Lethal
Drew McIntyre
Rosemary
Joey Janela
The Dark Order
Drago

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
CIMA
Oney Lorcan / Biff Busick
EVIL
Io Shirai
Speedball Mike Bailey
Psycho Clown
Susumu Yokosuka
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

CIMA
Jungle Boy
Tin-Tin
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Nino Hamburguesa
Susumu Yokosuka
Drago

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cima
Oney Lorcan
EVIL
Io Shirai
Speedball Mike Bailey
Joey Janela
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Aussie Open
Jungle Boy
Jay Lethal
Drew McIntyre
Akira Tozawa
Psycho Clown
Tetsuya Endo
Gentleman Jack Gallagher

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Jungle Kyona
Jungle Boy
Jay Lethal
Bea Priestley
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
LuFisto

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
We currently have one tie, and another one that has a three vote separation. You have about three and a half hours left.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Abstaining from Jungle Kyona vs. Aussie Open, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. Cima have seen a few matches by the latter two they inspire in me no emotion
Jungle Boy not seen the other two's work but i really like The Jungle Boy
EVIL feels heartless eliminating the giant panda so soon but evil is a fine goth and a fine hoss
Bea Priestley bit of a gothy look :shrug: was not a lot in it
Rosemary goth gimmck, easy win. did a mad as poo poo neverrealm deal with Su Yung in TNA which i am in favour of
Joey Janela only one i have see, liked his moxley match well enough
The Dark Order only one of the three i have seen, i like uno's whole look but do not give a care for evil stew
Gentleman Jack Gallagher not seen a lot of him but he rips off steve regal's new japan mannerisms and won a match with a headbutt so he seems cool

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Cima
Jungle Boy
EVIL
Io Shirai
Akira Tozawa
Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo
LuFisto

I'll vote for Andreza Giant Panda but TinTin's still too green.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
CIMA
Laredo Kid
EVIL
Io Shirai
Tozawa
Psycho Clown
Susumu Yokosuka
Jack Gallagher

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Aussie Open, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis
Oney Lorcan
EVIL
Bea Priestley
Speedball Mike Bailey
Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo
LuFisto

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

STOP voting soon, if you are someone thinking of voting. don't do it, here in a bit. and don't ever put reasons in your votes ever again for those who fancy themselves writers.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
do not go there

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
CIMA 28
Jungle Kyona 15
Aussie Open 9

Jungle Boy 26
Laredo Kid 15
Oney Lorcan 13

EVIL 36
TinTin the Giant Panda 12
Jay Lethal 6

Io Shirai 36
Bea Priestley 12
Drew McIntyre 6

Akira Tozawa 23
Speedball Mike Bailey 19
Rosemary 12

Joey Janela 32
Psycho Clown 19
Nino Hamburguesa 3

Tetsuya Endo 21
The Dark Order 20
Susumu Yokosuka 11

LuFisto 23
Gentleman Jack Gallagher 15
Drago 14

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

Shane Taylor vs. Barbaro Cavernario vs. Kaito Kiyomiya

Shane Taylor
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

Taylor, kind of seen as the lesser partner of Keith Lee, has stayed in Ring of Honor and continued to move up the card. Although he lost to Jeff Cobb in a good match at the 17th Anniversary Show, he went on to win the Television title in a four way and then defended it in another good match against Bandido at Best in the World.

Barbaro Cavernario
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Becky Lynch
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by AJ Styles

Barbaro Cavernario has slightly toned his style down, doing less completely disastrous moves that look like they would absolutely destroy his body. His matches with Soberano Jr. in January, Titan in February, and Mistico in May are among the best lucha matches of the year. He’s been emphasized less over the summer before making a spot appearance in the main event of Anniversario.

Kaito Kiyomiya

Just 23, Kiyomiya has been established as the face of NOAH with an on-going GHC Heavyweight Championship run that started last December. In that time he’s had great defenses against Kenou, Masa Kitamiya, Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, and Katsuhiko Nakajima.

Naruki Doi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Ryusuke Taguchi

Naruki Doi

Despite being 39, Doi is still a top wrestler for Dragon Gate. He’s been in great multiman matches this year with his tag partner Kaito Ishida and as a singles wrestler. He & Ishida had a Meltzer-rated ****3/4 triangle tag match against KAI & YAMATO and Big R Shimizu & Eita.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Along with El Desperado, Kanemaru makes up the junior heavyweight tag team representatives of Suzuki-gun. They put on a four star match with BUSHI & Shingo in February, and he’s been part of several good multi-man tag matches with the rest of his Suzuki-gun teammates.

Ryusuke Taguchi
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Kofi Kingston
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Kevin Steen

Taguchi is the closest thing the New Japan junior heavyweight division has to Toru Yano. In addition to his comedy matches, “The Funky Weapon” also has the ability to put on good matches. This year, he’s put on good-to-great matches this year with Taiji Ishimori, Hiroshi Tanahashi, YOH, DOUKI, Robbie Eagles, and Will Ospreay. He’s also spent most of the year with Togi Makabe and Toru Yano as the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champion.

Taiji Ishimori vs. Fandango & Tyler Breeze vs. Chihiro Hashimoto

Taiji Ishimori

Ishimori won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship at Tokyo Dome at the start of the year in a good match with KUSHIDA, and then had great defenses against Taguchi & Liger before dropping the belt to Dragon Lee. His tag team with El Phantasmo had a pair of great matches with Robbie Eagles & Will Ospreay, ending with IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship going to Bullet Club.

Fandango & Tyler Breeze

Breezango became a cult favorite with their Fashion Police sketches. Very entertaining outside of the ring, they were sidelined when Fandango tore his labrum in 2018. Tyler Breeze eventually moved to NXT, and was then joined by a healthy Fandango to reunite for their tag team.

Chihiro Hashimoto

The ace of Sendai Girls, "Big Hash" is already a four time Sendai Girls Champion and has held the belt for almost half of its existence. Considered one of the torchbearers for joshi pro wrestling, Hashimoto's matches with rival Sareee have been one of the highlights of 2019. Hashimoto also represented Sendai Girls in their rivalry with DDT's top faction, ALL OUT and defeated former rugby player Yuki Iino at their combined produce show. Later this year, she enters the DDT D-Oh Grand Prix in an attempt to follow in the footsteps of mentor Meiko Satomura by becoming the second woman to hold the KO-D Championship. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Yuji Okabayashi vs. Moose vs. Chris Dickinson

Yuji Okabayashi

Yuji is a massive hoss who works out of Big Japan. He regularly teams with Daisuke Sekimoto as Strong BJ; they had their third run with the All Japan World Tag Team Championship earlier this year. He also held the BJW Strong World Heavyweight Championship for almost four months earlier this year. His run in this year’s Champion carnival in AJPW was great, and his matches with Zeus and Kento Miyahara were both classics.

Moose

The former NFL player has spent most of the last two years with Impact, where he’s a major figure despite not holding a belt in the past two years. Big and athletic, he’s had a good falls count anywhere match with Eddie Edwards earlier this year, as well as teaming with The North against The Radicalz in a solid six-man tag.

Chris Dickinson

Dickinson has been fighting for the title of the U.S.’s top worker on the indies this year with a series of great matches on Beyond Wrestling’s Uncharted Territory, as he pursued a match with Daisuke Sekimoto at their Americana event. Almost every match he has along the way to that event was great. He’s a great brawler who can also mix in some technical work, and has a charisma at least in Beyond that reminds me of Nick Gage’s relationship with crowds.

The North, Ethan Page & Josh Alexander vs. Chris Brookes vs. Rusev

The North, Ethan Page & Josh Alexander

Page & Alexander have reunited as a team in Impact after they went their separate ways when Josh Alexander reduced his workload after neck surgery. Reunited, they’re now the Impact World Tag Team Champions, as well as the tag champs in A1 & PWR.

Chris Brookes

Brookes is a world-traveller, with Cagematch listing him as appearing in 33 companies this year alone. Naturally, a good number of those are in Europe, but he’s also appeared in DDT, GCW, Sendai Girls, and Big Japan. His match in July with Konosuke Takeshita in DDT was well received.

Rusev
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Tetsuya Naito
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2015 by KUSHIDA

Rusev has long been under-utilized in WWE. He’s funny, charismatic, and a good worker that’s also big, but somehow the most important storyline he’s been involved in the past two years is part of Vince’s Expanded Cuck Universe. He sat out a notable part of this year, but last year he had good single matches with Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles, not to mention continued his partnership with Aiden English for most of that year.

Titan vs. Momo Watanabe vs. Britt Baker

Titan

Titan is one of the top CMLL luchadors who regularly gets sent on trips to New Japan to represent the company. His singles match with Barbaro Cavernario was the highlight of his one on one bouts, but he’s been part of great tag matches including a series where he teamed with Esfinge and Triton to take on Cuatrero, Forastero, & Sanson.

Momo Watanabe

The protegé of Io Shirai took full advantage of the departure of her mentor in 2018 to establish herself as the face of Stardom. Fresh out of high school, Momo took the Wonder of Stardom Championship and leadership of Queen's Quest and embarked upon an almost year-long title run proving herself as one of the most talented wrestlers in the world today in fantastic matches with the likes of Jungle Kyona, Tam Nakano, Jamie Hayter and Mayu Iwatani. Despite losing the title to Arisa Hoshiki, Momo has continued to show her dominance in the Stardom ring. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Britt Baker

Britt is being positioned as a major player in the AEW’s women’s division. She’s looked good in bouts like the four way at All In and at Double or Nothing. She had an unfortunate concussion earlier this year that resulted in her trying to tag in an opponent, but she’s recovered from that and should be appearing on AEW Dynamite going forward.

Street Profits, Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Toni Storm

Street Profits, Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford

One of WWE’s most charismatic tag teams, the Street Profits are in a position where they should be successful for a long time (at least in terms of existing as a tag team in WWE). Paul Heyman’s reportedly solidly behind them, which makes sense with their role as the Grecian chorus on Raw. They also held the NXT Tag Team titles for two months this year as part of a solid feud with Undisputed Era.

Masaaki Mochizuki

Mochizuki is still a great wrestler at the age of 49. His October 8th match against Ben-K for the Open the Dream Gate is talked of as one of the best Dragon Gate matches of the year. Other highlights for him include a May match against Shun Skywalker.

Toni Storm

Storm has long been regarded as one of the best women wrestlers to come from the UK scene. She was the first ever PROGRESS Women’s Champion and is a two-time wXw Women’s Champion. She also competed in STARDOM, where she was the World of STARDOM Champion. Her 2019 highlights include her NXT UK Women’s Championship win against Rhea Ripley in January, and her wXw Women’s title defense against Killer Kelly in March.

Shun Skywalker vs. Timothy Thatcher vs. Shuji Ishikawa

Shun Skywalker

Shun is a great high flyer and is one of a handful of wrestlers in Dragon Gate that does not have a strong affiliation with a stable. He had a great match with Ben-K in February, and has also had great matches with PAC and Masaaki Mochizuki this year. Just 23, his future is very bright.

Timothy Thatcher

Thatcher has started to break out in the past couple of years, as his indie performances have gotten rave reviews. This year’s he’s received praise for great matches with Davey Boy Smith Jr., Yuki Ishikawa, Chris Dickinson, Daniel Makabe, and Hideki Suzuki, and those matches each took place in a different promotion. In the past week or so, Twitter was overrun with other wrestlers praising him both for his in-ring skills and his kindness out of the ring.

Shuji Ishikawa

Shuji is one half of the Violent Giants tag team with Suwama, and they’re one of the best heavyweight tags in the world. They had their second and third runs with the AJPW World Tag Team Championship earlier this year. Shuji also had a great Champion carnival, with great matches with Yuji Okabayashi and Zeus. He also has a good title match against Kento Miyahara for the Triple Crown championship in May of this year.

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday

Shane Taylor vs. Barbaro Cavernario vs. Kaito Kiyomiya
Naruki Doi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Taiji Ishimori vs. Fandango & Tyler Breeze vs. Chihiro Hashimoto
Yuji Okabayashi vs. Moose vs. Chris Dickinson
The North vs. Chris Brookes vs. Rusev
Titan vs. Momo Watanabe vs. Britt Baker
Street Profits vs. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Toni Storm
Shun Skywalker vs. Timothy Thatcher vs. Shuji Ishikawa

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 16, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008