Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Barry Convex posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093290/The_Wild_at_Heart/

The Wild at Heart is releasing on Steam, Xbox, and Xbox Game Pass for console/PC on Thursday. Really enjoyed the demo I played last year; it's like a cross between Pikmin, Zelda, and Luigi's Mansion with gorgeous 2D art.

This game is really good! I didn't play Pikmin 3 but it scratches a Pikmin itch I didn't think I had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CottonWolf posted:

I've had this wishlisted on PSN for a while. I'd be interested to hear if it delivers on the concept!

I hope this is good because apparently it's -not- a roguelike/lite deckbuilder which I love (and there's only a handful of those from what I know) and the premise sounds original

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Unsighted is currently bugged on Game Pass and you can't even play

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The full game is more of the same, I only like the combat skill system and the protagonist is comically petty but the game is supposedly only 10 hours. Even worse is all the animations are unskippable and slow

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Has anyone done a few runs of this? I liked the demo but there's so many deck builder roguelikes

edit: found some impressions in the roguelike thread

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 3, 2021

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ultrafilter posted:

Kharon's Crypt - Even Death May Die

This one's been out in early access for a while but just officially released today. 100% positive based on 40 reviews.

I'm enjoying this from the little I've played but it has a limited save system (exactly like ink ribbons in Resident Evil) which might irk some people. I can't play a little bit and quit, I gotta commit to a session lest I use up one of my precious saves.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The price of the save item increases each time you buy it so that’s pretty damning. There hasn’t been a good gameplay justification for the limited saves yet either (just beat first boss and got first progression item)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I was worried Tunic would feel subpar or too similar to Death's Door but it feels very distinct and there's more of an emphasis on figure out what the heck is going on and exploration. The combat isn't as good as Death's Door so far though

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

This is on Gamepass and I'm still in the tutorial but it feels kinda clunky to play an immersive sim in an isometric perspective

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Venuz Patrol posted:

the exploration looks a lot like CrossCode's, except even more vertical. very tempting

It's like CrossCode's except more platforming and less puzzles, there's a tad bit too much empty space but exploration always yields a treasure chest of some sort so far about 3 hours in

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm liking Citizen Sleeper too, I thought I triggered a Game Over but it didn't so I'm hoping there's no fail states. I put in 3 hours and haven't run into any of the Critical Actions yet so I'm guessing you have to build up to the big plot points

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Vernal Edge is very solid about an hour in, the controls feel responsive and the platforming and combat I've done so far have been fun. Only problem I have is that the game slows down for a few seconds every once in awhile.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

skeleton warrior posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083790/?snr=1_5_9__205

Deathbulge: Battle of the Bands is the official(?) RPG of the webcomic Deathbulge, known for weird hair and kicking in doors.

I'm nearing the end of this and it was a pretty cool and solid RPG all around. I think there's a little too much combat and not enough downtime between dungeons (the third dungeon in this game was a complete slog with how long it is and one of the quests is to kill every single enemy in it) but overall I had fun with it.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I'm about 2 hours into this and it's almost an exact copy of the Persona series except for the reverse tower defense, you even get tarot cards from forming bonds with NPCs. I'm liking it so far.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like the combat and exploring in Sea of Stars about an hour and a half in but the two main characters have absolutely no personality despite having dialog that I'm surprised they didn't go with silent protagonists or even a create-a-character. The opening also pales in comparison to the last throwback RPG I played, Chained Echoes, too. I assume it gets better because most of the reviews praised its story telling

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 30, 2023

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2276830/Kingsvein/ dropped yesterday. From Rad Codex makers of Voidspire Tactics, Alvora Tactics, and Horizon's Gate. If you liked Voidspire Tactics you'll like this one.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

This game is pretty cool so far, very combat heavy horror game, also has the dreaded "enemies can walk through doors and follow you through rooms" mechanic. No jump scares (yet) though I guess running into an enemy in pitch darkness counts?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1897650/Dream_Tactics/

This game looks generic as heck but I wanted to point it out because it's one of the few deckbuilders WITHOUT roguelite elements. It plays somewhat similar to the Mario + Rabbids games though on an indie budget (and without as many movement shenaningans) with your actions being cards.

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Play posted:

Man for nearly an entire month there were hardly any games worth engaging with. Now all the sudden they're coming at a rate of five every day.

Until the new Assassin's Creed was announced a day or two ago I didn't think there were going to be any game launches in the 2nd half of this year