Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
loving hell if you can't stand being teased about avoiding Russian games, when the game is actually made by a Russian dev who seems to have moved to Cyprus and probably isn't directly bankrolling Putin, then I don't know what to tell you. Make your purchasing decisions, that's fine.

I urge the use of the ignore button if a particular poster annoys you. If you think we're handling something badly, hit the feedback thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Play posted:

maybe if anyone wants to talk politics of any kind they can do it outside of the 'thread for new video games that are coming out' as there are many places to do that.

I don't think your 'you should be teased for not wanting to buy Russian games since the dev lives in cyprus' is a very good position as you're just stating your own political opinion in a thread that shouldn't have anything to do with politics. Just probate anyone who talks politics in a thread that has nothing to do with that, then probate yourself I guess for the same reason

Nah so long as it doesn't become some kind of huge discourse I think it's all right.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Owl Inspector posted:

Devs haven’t beaten la mulana. boycott.

gently caress

I actually should start that this week, I'm not at work, I've got time

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pipski posted:

Can confirm 1bitdragon is really neat. I've never made anything good or listenable in it, but I've had a lot of fun making a godawful racket.

Same! I've had a lot of fun with this.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I really like Path of Achra. I think I might be awful at it, but I enjoy it anyway. You can summon an unreasonable number of oozes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

If anyone is interested in simple piano roll tune making like that, have a look at beepbox.co

Oh neat. For real I am trying to learn Cakewalk but my brain hurts

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

This is an all time favorite, and one of my wife's too. Available on basically any modern platform. It's bizarre, but a ton of fun.

Can't wait to use my birthday money to buy an opportunity to disappoint, and be disappointed by, my dad, the best character in all games.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Alexis Kennedy is a shithead. Please don't buy his game.

Yeah, he's an absolute shitstain. Wish I could unbuy Cultist Simulator.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I've been messing with Dave the Diver today. It's very good, though I wish the NPCs were a bit nicer to Dave.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Looking at the trailer, I know I hate the restaurant sim style games (Customer has a balloon over their head, timer starts, make their order before they get mad). How much of that is part of the gameplay of DTD?

It's about - eh, a quarter. You spend more time diving and fishing than you do serving in the restaurant, but it's not *not* there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

almost1337 posted:

I have been hearing a lot of good things about HoloCure as a surprisingly deep survivors game, despite the choice of subject.

Yeah, it's a good game. But some of the references are very cringe.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bawk posted:

Yeah, I thought some of the weapons had funny and goofy names, but one of the weapons has a name/design that makes it kinda seem like a butt plug. That's a "Dead Dove, Do Not Eat" situation.

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of.

I don't know what I expected

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I liked Sethian back in the day!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I genuinely can't tell if that's going to be worth the money but I almost want to get it just to encourage that mad bastard.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

an owls casket posted:

Don't know if anyone else here watches it, but the dude who runs this channel does several videos a week highlighting the promising indie releases of the week as well as games that might have slipped under people's radar. He's got lots of videos going back several years, so it's definitely worth checking out if you don't mind your wishlists and Steam libraries ballooning in size.

Oh this looks neat, thank you!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

War for the Overworld is getting a bit aged now but it's still the best 'modern Dungeon Keeper' that isn't just playing modded Dungeon Keeper.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Seal World is out of early access!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684410/Seal_World/

Seems to be a good-natured, silly little platformer-explorer sort of thing. 433 out of 434 reviews are positive, and this thing often tops the charts of SteamDB's 'hidden gems' list.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Looks like they're scrambling to fix the oversight at least

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bredfrown posted:

Kinda anxious posting this, but I released this just last week. Fixed a bunch of stuff (it's my first game, lol):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1746590/discussions/0/

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnct-EYxKg

It's episodic (since I work fulltime), but I'll be putting it on sale frequently.

Don't be anxious! It's cool to make a game.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bredfrown posted:

I'm getting better about it! ;)

If you haven't, post in the Goon-made Games thread! I don't have a link right now but it's around here somewheres

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jossar posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1131620/Dominion/

86% out of 1,177 reviews.

Apparently a version of the board game Dominion (the deckbuilder, not to be confused with Dominions, the strategy/wargame) just got released on Steam? General consensus is it's okay, if maybe a little bit too compact of a UI. The two big problems seem to be the with multiplayer servers occasionally dropping and the price of the expansion packs, with people arguing in the comment section as to whether they're highway robbery or justified by being cheaper than the physical version. But the base game is free, so it's worth checking out if you're into this sort of thing.

This was in EA for ages! The physical deckbuilder is a great game, not sure about the expansion pricing here though. I suppose if you're big into Dominion it's worth it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Crain posted:

Is there a thread for Pacific Drive yet?

I'm not sure but the Survival Simulation thread is talking about it a lot.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Not sure if this was posted already, but Svarog’s Dream is outon Steam now. It is a wild fever dream of a game that probably shouldn’t exist but it is apparently my jam because I have finally stopped mainlining Balatro in order to play this.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2004640/Svarogs_Dream/

It’s a slow paced ARPG, with unique skills and character builds. The graphics are between “retro” and “terrible”. But because it’s slower-paced, and things hit VERY hard, you have to do some clever movement or downtime management.

What elevates this thing is that they made a responsive world. Events pop up frequently as you adventure. Werewolf attack in the forest at night (yes, there are day / night cycles and weather- both of which have game impact), or slavers attacking a town. Some of these are random; others are caused by a decision you made an hour ago. You have freedom to steal from NPCs, piss off entire factions, and side with anyone you like. There is a dedicated “pet” button that you can use as a bear chews on you for a chance to tame it. You start out dead and eventually kill god (or do you?).

Finally, this weird pile of insanity is a kind of roguelite. Death is meant to happen. They warn you in the opening menu to please play on Ironman mode. You should.

It looks awful but I am enjoying it and i didn’t know I needed this in my life.

Bonus for me is that it doesn’t appear to be a crazy-long game or an infinite ARPG in spite of the style.

This seems the right kind of bonkers, and I like your username, so it's going on the wishlist

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

:catstare:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Play posted:

Hearthstone at home. Just kidding, I don't even play hearthstone and I have no idea if this is like it. I just wanted to fit in by saying that. I'm sorry. 71% positive out of 14.

It's ok we love you, thank you for post

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

I honestly kind of miss them, I loved these kinds of programs as a kid even though they're objectively not a game in most senses of the word. I remember as a kid I had some "game" where you collected eggs and they hatched into pets that were more or less very low-maintenance Tamagotchi-style things, I can't remember what it was called for the life of me. I do remember it was one of the first programs I encountered where you could get different eggs from various places online, so I was always on the lookout for unusual ones.

Have you looked at little horror game Kinito Pet? It's pretty clever in some of the ways it riffs on those desktop pets.

anyway I'm going to buy the desktop duck

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

That dang place looks spooky.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I didn't know it used real maps, that's always kinda charming to me. Wanna see this town go down, haha

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Now now thread

Harold Halibut is on Gamepass, btw

e: so is Lightyear Frontier! nice

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I asked about Chrono Ark in the Steam thread and have been assured it is horny, but not *creepy*.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

CainFortea posted:

It's got an upskirt shot of a little anime girl in the trailer. Pretty sure it's creepy.

I don't *think* that character is a child, but I was merely reporting what I was told. drat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Thanks pals. I really do appreciate these forums sometimes. I feel like asking that question in a lot of online spaces would have people leaping down my throat all 'why do you CARE' and it's good to be around people who understand the actual question I was asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hell yeah, it's fantastic. Let me know, constant posters, if you ever want an avatar change or anything :3: